“Good Quality Hotel”

Holiday Inn Winchester
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Winchester
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel as we were going to our son's wedding in Winchester. We stayed in a double room with a rollaway bed. Whilst the double bed was very comfortable the rollaway bed was the complete opposite. With hindsight we regretted not booking a family room with two double beds. Apart from this the hotel was very good in all other areas including breakfast and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Deerhunter,

Thank you for your review. I will look into your comments on the rollaway beds as they are less than a year old. The family rooms with the two double beds are very popular and often booked weeks in advance, just in case you are planning your return visit soon.

Siobhan Thomasson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed for two nights with my wife at the Holiday Inn. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the room was spotlessly clean. We also dined on both nights in the restaurant and the service and food was very good and not to expensive. We gave breakfast a miss, as we felt it was very expensive at around £15 each. The room was very quiet and stylishly furnished. The only things I could fault were the small space for hanging clothes was further reduced by the iron and ironing board and the fact that I couldn't get a WiFi signal in the room.
A bonus was that we paid £20.12 for each night, as it was part of a 24 hour promotion held on the 20 December 2012.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Camsucat,,

Thank you for your review. The promotion was a great deal and I delighted you booked our booked our hotel!

Many Thanks

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We booked this hotel as part of a Peppa Pig overnight stay and were very impressed. We had a family room which was very large and very modern and clean. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful and gave our children a little present which was a nice touch. Breakfast was quite straightforward and everybody was very nice. Would certainly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Michael,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I am delighted you had such a great time and the children enjoyed the gift.
I hope to see you and your family if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Having spent a fair few nights in Holiday Inns recently this one is the best by miles. Modern, clean, comfortable, great staff, great location and fantastic value. Yes, it's only a couple of years old so I guess it should be modern and new but it is far better value than many of the rip off tired Holiday Inns in the area. Food in the restaurant was great. Well worth it's AA rosette and again good value and great service. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough and I will definitely return when next in the area. It's well worth the extra drive out of Southampton or Portsmouth.

Room Tip: Room 333 is an executive suite, it's fantastic and massive! Well worth the small extra cost to u...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy C

Dear Andy C,

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! I am thrilled you had a great stay. Room 333 is a fantastic suite which we are very lucky to have. I have passed your great commnets back to the team.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This was my second visit to the hotel, on this occasion I was dining with friends in Winchester, so decided to stay the night so I could enjoy a glass or two of wine. The hotel is in a very convenient location, about a five to ten minute taxi drive from the City Centre (cab costs just under £10 as long as it's before midnight), and is also close to junction 9 of the M3. The hotel is very modern, staff we very friendly, the room was pretty standard but very comfortable.

Room cost for a Saturday night was probably the most competitive for the area. However it did not include breakfast, which costs £9.50 as long as you buy a token when you check in. There was also free WiFi, although the speed of this was painfully slow...it's fine for checking emails, but forget about playing media of any kind. The other annoyance, which I remembered from my previous stay - at breakfast, you get asked the standard "would you like tea or coffee". Well, I'm a bit different and like hot chocolate. This seemingly is a massive problem. They have to get the bar to do it, and it's not included in the £9.50. If I were to go to a cafe in town, they'd manage it, but at Holiday Inn it seems to be a major problem to get a cup of hot milk and drop three teaspoons of Cadburys in it.
Again, the annoyances may not affect some visitors, but such small things that could be sorted out pretty easily would make the average rating above become a very good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank boyvision

Dear boyvision,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that on the whole you enjoyed your stay.
I have asked our IT company to investigate the speed of our wi fi as per your comments. I have also spoken to our F and B Manager regarding your request for hot chocolate which as you pointed out should not be a problem.

I do hope that you will bear us in mind if you are in the area again.

SiobhanThomasson