“Best Keralan Restaurant we have visited!”
Review of Kohinoor of Kerala

Kohinoor of Kerala
Ranked #4 of 913 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After looking on Google, and En route from Farnborough to Southampton, we arrived for lunch just after the kitchen had closed at 1.30pm. Abraham and Tony kindly welcomed us in.

Very friendly atmosphere and superb authentic food.

As our favourite curry is from the Keralan area, and having been to many less than impressive Restaurants.
Although not close to us, we will definitely return soon, and highly recommend the the Kohinoor of India!

( Advance booking advised for evenings, especially at the weekend! )

Kind regards,

Garth and Vanessa Dickerson.

2  Thank Vanessa D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing South Indian food with very attentive and thoughtful service, reliable - love Kohinoor every time!

2  Thank CarmenAG78
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Fancied an Indian search trip advisor and bingo , what a great meal , packed on a Easter Sunday night , fresh food , good portions ,fantastic service, we will be back very soon

2  Thank Roy b B
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I was away on business and used good old trip advisor as I fancied a curry. A few years back along with a friend of mine from the Kerala region in India, we toured London and the south east on the hunt for the “best” southern Indian food. Well after the meal I ate at this restaurant I think I have found it!!!! I asked for a starter dish that was not on the menu but knew about from different places and it was served to me and tasted amazing (gobi 65). My main was chicken chettinad with a mushroom rice, it was faultless. One of the guys there told me they also done a lamb version so obviously I ordered one to bring home to southend and I have just demolished it. Unbelievable food. A must visit restaurant.

2  Thank Jaymi S
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Ordered from here with partner and her family after getting back from a trip, after a lot of travelling we were too tired to cook so decided on a takeaway. We were delighted with the food as it was delicious, and ready for collection on time.

1  Thank Geoff R