“Good service, great food”
Review of La Tavernetta

La Tavernetta
Ranked #20 of 920 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I have eaten at this restaurant twice, once during the very busy pre-Christmas period and once when it was much less busy. On both occasions the staff were friendly, courteous and efficient whilst the meals were served well within a reasonable waiting period. The menu included a good range of Italian dishes and the food itself was delicious. Will definitely go again (and again).

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Had a nice welcome and nice service from a Portuguese waiter.
About food..good until get my pasta frutti di mare, looks that they count the amount of sea food. I had 2 prawns, 2 pieces of squid, few mussels and little salmon.. good flavours but poor quantity. If 13.95£ for this is a nice price I can’t imagine a full plate of sea food..

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Came here on a Friday evening to celebrate my anniversary. I was really looking forward to it as I had heard great things and Italian food is my absolute favourite. I was not disappointed. The staff were so friendly and the food was served quickly. The food at La Tavernetta was gorgeous and most definitely a treat. Each bite left the most amazing after taste. I had the tiramasu for desert and it is genuinely the best I've ever had. So light, but still so decadent. I will definitely be returning for it! The only criticism I have about the restaurant (and this is by no means a big deal), was that it could have been cleaner. I was sat next to quite a grubby radiator and I just think a bit of maintenance wouldn't do any harm. Still amazing though!

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Good food. Good service. Good restaurant.
But not like home.
Italian in a way is like Chinese. It’s never as good as it is at your favorite place back home.
But that’s a good thing. It gives you the chance to try new things.
It’s good, but different. How’s that?

Reviewed 8 May 2018

It's our go-to Italian place in Southampton. It just ticks all the boxes - it's cosy, nice atmosphere, great service, good prices and lunch offers and of course amazing food. It always feels very authentic, a lot of staff are Italian and they're happy to tell customers about the food and drinks. We come here a lot and haven't been disappointed once. Definitely would recommend this place to anyone.