“Amazing service and food”
Review of Blue Island

Blue Island
Ranked #10 of 945 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional English and Greek food. Breakfast, lunch, Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 18:00 till 22:00 traditional Greek food (mezedes)
Reviewed 18 May 2018

We were on Wednesday evening. The service was wonderful as always. It is our favorite restaurant, the food is abundant and exquisite. I recommend the dolmades, they are really good.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Excellent meal and good service all you could ask for. This is the best calamari I have had outside of Greece, the staff were warm and friendly, we went on a Saturday night , they fitted us in but is was very busy. The restaurant is small, but bright and clean. I did not use the toilets as they were upstairs, but could imagine like everything else it would be clean. The chef was a jolly sort and appreciated my comments. Would go again if I am in Southampton.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This was a pre theatre meal and I searched for places near the Mayflower. I read some of the previous reviews and decided to give Blue Island a go. What a great choice. From the outside it looks like a cafe. Do not let this put you off. The owner (and chef) was friendly from the moment we walked in. We decided to try the Meze offer (£13 per person) and we were warned to take the first courses slowly as 'the best comes at the end!'
I think we had nine courses all told and the last one consisted of an escalope of chicken, a pork skewer and chips. This was after flat breads, lamb stuffed vine leaves, garlic mushrooms, halloumi, a gammon type dish, meatballs and a large greek salad to share. To go with the flatbreads we had tsatziki, taramasalata and hummous. I am a good eater but I couldn't get through it all.
We had a nice bottle of Merlot to wash it down and it all came to just £39!! We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank 55drolfe
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious food which serves all the typical Greek dishes. Had the Dolmades which were served warm followed by a Kleftiko (the last one available). Portions were generous and I left content. Found it closed on Monday and they don't take cards... sending me out in the rain to draw cash at the end of my dinner.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We always like to visit a Greek restaurant when in a different city. I checked Trip Advisor and found Blue Island. We turned up without a reservation and they still found a table for us. The menu was limited, which is something we like as you know it’s going to be fresh. The staff were friendly and the food was good. After the meal the Chef came and checked to see what we thought of the food. We would recommend eating here and the prices were reasonable. The only downside is that they don’t accept debit/credit cards, so bring cash. Would visit again.