“Stay here even when there's no cricket”

Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 5 March 2012

You can't lose with this hotel.

It's right next to the Rose Bowl cricket ground. Prices will be higher when a match is on ... but you can't stay any closer, so this is your best option for a stay before or after the match.

When there's no cricket on - which is most of the time - prices don't venture far north of fifty quid. This includes breakfast. And whilst West End is a bit anonymous, the adjacent M27 and other roads put it within easy reach of Portsmouth, Winchester, Southampton & many other places. The price includes breakfast. It's a bargain.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Many thanks for your delightful review. As you correctly point out, whilst we are directly adjacent to the Ageas Bowl as the Rose Bowl is now known, we are also ideally located for Portsmouth , Winchester and Soton, being less than a mile from the M27 Jct 7 .

We really appreciate your positive feedback and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Not stayed here for a while but have stayed a few times while visiting Southampton at short notice. Always a room available, clean and spacious and ample parking.

Last time I was here there was some trouble from drunk people walking home from The Rose Bowl but the staff removed them promptly.

Nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here for one night while on business.
All I needed was a comfortable, clean room for the night and some sleep. and on check in I requested a quiet room and the receptionist said she had allocated me a quiet room.
I was somewhat surprised to find myself in a room directly at the front of the hotel and in the morning what turned out to be lorry delivery city under my window, although I suspect no room is quiet due to the wafer thin walls, my neighbour one side had a late night and the other a very early start.
The bed could not have been more uncomfortable talk about lumpy mattress - the pillows however were comfortable.
Needless to say I got very little sleep.
Also something strange about the exit gate - you are given a number to get out but it is on the wrong side - you will know what I mean if you have stayed here... oh and the number probably hasn't been changed in years it is so guessable...
I won't be staying again as at £67 while I don't expect luxury or even good service, I do expect to be able to get some sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JAC22
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept my apologies that you were disturbed by the deliveries to the hotel. Although we do ensure that none of our suppliers deliver before 07.30 in the morning , we will contact them to see if it is possible for them to change their routing to come later in the day. Generally we only receive 2-3 deliveries per day as we do try to batch our orders together as efficiently as possibly. As our hotel is set in 3 acres of landscaped grounds we are normally commended for being a very peaceful hotel so I thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention so we can ensure they are addressed.

I am very surprised by your comment concerning the mattress in your room as we recently replaced every single bed in the hotel with Hypnos beds and mattresses .We frequently receive commendations from our guests about how comfortable the beds in our hotel are and I apologise that this was not to your liking.

I hope you will reconsider your views and try our hotel again in the near future

Many thanks

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We have used this hotel several times in the past 3 years and continue to do so as we have not had a bad experience here.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and reception staff helpful.
The breakfast buffet is a bit bland and could do with a bit of attention.
The only minor irritation is that on very busy nights, parking can be a problem if returning late to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nickcoxwold46

Dear Valued Guests

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for your repeat custom at our hotel.

We are most appreciative of your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have stayed here twice as an overnight stay before cruising from Southampton, every thing about it is first class, the rates are very good, it also includes a hot breakfast, staff are friendly check in is easy and quick, all the staff here should be congratulated on a first class hotel and service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple