US$101
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$107
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
Queen's Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$134
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$166
US$147
  • Breakfast included
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$87
Priceline
US$126
US$122
Hotels.com
US$83
PremierInn.com
1,184 results
All reviewspancake machinegunwharf quayspembroke roadhealth clubswimming poolsauna and steam roomminute walkthe hotel car parkleisure centresea frontisle of wightpoached eggsshort breakhistoric dockyardquiet locationspinnaker towerstayed here for one night
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Great place just to stroll around and visit friends on IOW, docks a great day out pricing seems to be a bit aggressive, but you then decide what you will see,so Mary Rose outpriced itself!which is a shame.
Lots 9f places to have a drink so good to visit. Walking along beachfrontand ride on hovercraft a must on a nice day.

Room Tip: Rooms just need a good spring clean and carpets cleaned otherwise good with a sea view fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HR Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear richardC3954LR,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding good location. I am pleased to hear that you made the most of our central location and visited some of the wonderful sights Portsmouth has to offer.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Stayed overnight here while attending a dinner nearby. Welcoming hotel reception and pleasant helpful staff. It has car parking although it is tight in some places. I have seen what other reviewers have said about car parking, but to be fair to the Holiday Inn, having called reception beforehand they advised that if their car park is full then they issue a free parking voucher for roads nearby. Hotel is conveniently located for Southsea and the sea front.
I stayed on the 3rd floor with a sea view and although what others have said about the tiredness of decor is I think is true of the corridors; my room was nonetheless clean, fresh, spacious and well-maintained and comfortably furnished. The en-suite was a good size, spotlessly clean and appeared brand new. The shower itself was spacious and the shower powerful and hot. Wi-fi is free and fast and in-room TV has a good sized screen. There is a gym here and pool although I did not use the pool. I elected to have breakfast which was fresh and plentiful.
For an overnight stay and value for the price, I would use this hotel again if in Portsmouth.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ian M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding convenient location and reasonable price. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff pleasant and helpful as customer service is of utmost importance to us. I will pass on your comments to the General manager regarding the corridors feeling tired, but I am glad you found the room fresh and clean. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the fresh and plentiful breakfast and it's lovely to hear you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I prefer to stay in the express in gunwarf but had no choice this time around.

Forget parking. Impossible.

Hotel is very tired but as other reviews rightly indicated service is good.

For me I remain loyal to IhG chain as a enjoy the loyalty scheme .... points !!

Very easy walking to sea front so good for steps and Southsea town centre is ok.

On balance this is an ok stay

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul Hl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your feedback without it we wouldn't be able to continually improve our standards. I am sorry to hear that you found us a below average Holiday Inn but pleased you enjoyed our central location and found the service good. I will pass on your comments to the General Manager regarding the hotel looking tired.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Genuinely great customer service, restaurant was really really good and the room was clean, well presented with a great shower. Checkout was quick and painless even first thing in the morning. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear lukewaite2018,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

What a lovely review to read! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and received great customer service. I will pass on your kind comments to the teams.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

This hotel is well situated for all amenities but the parking in inadequate for the number of guests staying.
Such a shame because it could be so much better if they could provide more parking spaces along the road.
Staff are generally friendly and helpful but more staff needed for check in during the afternoon period when most guests arrive.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same size, even the executive rooms!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Christina Hl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding good location, I hope you managed to visit some of the wonderful sights Portsmouth has to offer. I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to park during your recent stay. We do advertise as having a limited car park and we offer complimentary parking permits for out on the main road when the car park is full. I will pass on your comments to the Reception Manager regarding more staff on the front desk during busy periods so thank you for bringing this to our attention.