other travellers have booked this property

Review of Forest Cabin

Lodge set in 3 acres within the national park, Views across open fields and woodlands from lounge
Patio opening on to 3 acre new forest garden. Christmas tree and decorations provided Modern eye level wood burner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Modern eye level wood burner
Double oven fully fitted Kitchen light and airy
Modern dishwasher, top of the range washer and separate dryer
Hot tub for 6 people
Outside dining for 4-6 with views across the New Forest
37 degree hot tub with multiple jets air blowers and mood lighting
Additional patio seating and gas BBQ
Close up of the eye level woodburner
2 Super King or 1 Twin and 1 Super King bedded room with Smart TV and Sonos in each room
King size bed headboards Smart TV and touch lighting
Ensuite large shower and toilet
Family bathroom and shower
Family bathroom, sink toilet bath and shower
King or Twin bed in bed 2 again with all Linen and towels
Gas BBQ
Views of the National park from the nearby footpath
7 miles of sandy beaches close by (12 Miles or 15 minutes)
New Forest ponies will come close
New Forest wild horses, ponies donkeys cows and pigs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
tamgoodri...
“Flattered to decieve”
Reviewed 20 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Booked the lodge from the 15th to 17th of February as an anniversary present for my girlfriend of 5 years. After searching around for a high end property in the new forest for a couple of weeks, I was sold on the Forest Cabin near Fordingbridge. The pictures looked fantastic and I was delighted that the description said luxurious! However, this wasn't true at all.

The first thing that became obvious was that there were two properties! The pictures on Holiday Lettings were not of the property that we thought we had booked and this was disappointing as I'd shown the pictures to my Girlfriend to get her excited. As we looked around the property, it became obvious it was NOT luxurious. It was a job in process. The walls hadn't been completely painted. The second bedroom had metal panels hanging out. The second bathroom didn't work (shower or toilet). Every single cupboard had some form of DIY tool in it. Despite all of this, the property was ok. It had potential so I thought I would email Ian to express my concerns... His reply was

"We are always doing improvements this time of year,I accept it's currently neutral and there's some painting required where improvements have been made and the plaster needed to dry before it could be decorated between trades but that's the odd spot and that will always be the case every year out of season between guests stays. That's why the seasonal rates are so low to reflect this. We invest heavily in all our properties during the winter off season."

Unfortunately, this is not made clear on the website. Basically this was an unfinished property. To be fair to Ian, he did reply quickly to all my concerns, however he did not offer any real response to our disappointment.
After some confusion with the deposit, we phoned Ian to discuss and he was abrupt and rude. Something I would not expect when someone has had a complaint.

I am a very laid back person when it comes to things like this and complaining is not something I do but I was really let down. This is not a luxurious Cabin. It is average and therefore should be reflected in the price.

P.S to sum it all up- the hot tap ran cold and the cold tap ran hot. Luxurious, no.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The local pubs!
Liked least: the condition of the cabin
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Feb 2016
This is a direct copy of how this guest rated their stay, "Amazing" hardly justifies 2* until you understand this guest threatened to leave a poor review if they didn't get a 50% discount.

Tamlyn Yesterday
Minus the few blemishes, absolutely. I think the property and area are amazing. However, I just think the finish looks rushed and one of the cupboards had diy bits which gave the sense it wasn't completed.
When will deposit be transferred over?

Thanks,
Tam

This guest then tried to get a 50% discount. When refused they threatened to leave a nasty review. We don't tolerate blackmail hence the review.

Contrast this with 150 5* reviews and here’s what other guests who stayed weeks earlier thought

Charlotte Jan 29
Hi Ian, Thank you for the reply. The house is lovely, I'm sure we'll have a lovely weekend
Charlotte

Here is the actual correspondence regarding the deposit refund. We don’t consider this was a rude response

YouYesterday
No money has been deducted and it's all shown by paypal Regards

TamlynYesterday
Hiya, Got payment - My mum covered the deposit and said it was only part refunded? Can I have a breakdown of the payments I made? And if any money was taken off can It be explained on here please? Cheers, Tam
MrsSuzann...
“Nightmare weekend”
Reviewed 30 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

I'm not going to say alot apart from don't go!!!
Accommodation was not as described by owner!!!! I would describe it as a half finished project, and definitely wouldn't describe it as being a luxurious retreat ready to rent out to guests who want to have a relaxing break away.
To cut a long story short I didn't stay I arrived saw the place, was horrified at what I had shelled out my hard earned money for, and cryed.
We contacted the owner who said if we didn't want to stay we didn't have too, no remorse what so ever from him, he did however say I could have a full refund which to me was some relief, I did get most of my money back, but to me a full refund means all the money spent including deposit which I would still like but not sure wether I will ever see that £149.50 again.
We were lucky to have family close by whom we could stay with but not everyone would have this opportunity. And would be stuck there having to put up with the accommodation.
If you check out the owners property's you will see that he uses pictures from all his properties throughout all his listings, making every listing a misrepresentation of what you are really getting.
You can make up your own mind if you feel like wasting your own money but don't say you weren't warned.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
8 Mar 2016
Why would anyone review this twice unless they were unhappy with what paypal decided?

This is just not true and factually no right and is independently validated by Paypal. This is what paypal concluded after investigating the claims......
“We completed our review and decided this claim in your favour. Any money related to this transaction that has been temporarily held has been returned to your PayPal account.
During our review, we’ve found that you had sufficiently described the item.

PayPal

We run accommodation with over 150 number 5*reviews, so why would we do this?
This is what the previous guests who stayed said which just illustrates this in just not true and these guests did not stay. The review has been reported to Trip advisor
Matt

Jan 3

Hi Ian Happy new year! Thank you for the use of your property and we enjoyed our stay very much. Just a couple of things to note. There was a parcel delivered yesterday which we have put in one of the bathrooms. The wifi signal in the property was quite poor so I don't know if you need that looked at. We couldn't get the oven in the smaller building to work, I don't know if that was down to us not working it out properly. One of the showers water pressure was very low so again I don't know if you need that looked at? And do you know when I will be expecting the deposit and the the hot tub cost refunded? Everyone enjoyed the property and we would recommend it as it is lovely! Many thanks Matt

Sent from my iPhone
clinker70...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“beware this is a misrepresented match”
Reviewed 14 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

We arrived on the 8th of Jan 2016 to find an unfinished project and some what confused of what we had booked on entering building I wasn't sure weather to use the door or to climb through the gap above it
Entering well it just goes from bad to terrible to shocking there were two bedrooms one of which had wires hanging from ceiling and bed not made up 2nd bedroom was correct and looked ok log fire not connected kitchen was totally different bathroom was different colour with tiles missing on all walls cupboards missing in kitchen I was shell shocked ,straight away phoned owner who seemed very nice and understanding offered a full refund and suggested I turned heating on (no boiler all thermostat switch) it was freezing
This is advertised as luxury accommodation (iv stayed in better hostels) I took a huge amount of pictures as the was misrepresented on website and even that it says payment protected, but be warned as its not as you use a platform that pays owner direct
We were so disappointed as we spent a small fortune to get there and having only just got married was so looking forward to this but it turned out to be a nightmere from hell
Even to the stage of being blackmailed for a refund of not to post this review
I would not recommend this to any one
We even had a younger couple turn up at same time as us and she was crying here eyes out
Lucky for us we had parents 60 miles away we could stay with until we could arrange a boat back home (thanks mum)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: going home
Liked least: everythink disgusting
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
8 Mar 2016
This is just not true and factually not right and is independently validated by Paypal. This is what paypal concluded after investigating the claims......
During our review, we’ve found that you had sufficiently described the item.
We run accommodation with over 150 number 5*reviews, so why would we do this?
Matt

Jan 3

Sent from my iPhone
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$94
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing