The Great Tythe Barn
US$171
The Ormond at Tetbury(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Breakfast included
US$178
US$173
Hotels.com
Snooty Fox Hotel(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$100
  • Restaurant
The Priory Inn(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$354
US$100
US$88
Travelocity
The Old Bell Hotel(Malmesbury)
US$228
US$220
Hotels.com
All reviewswedding venuethe cottagesb bamazing weddingself cateringbeautiful venuecontinental breakfastwinter weddingbar managernow husbandstress freeson's weddingwould highly recommend this venueevening entertainmentcereal and toastwedding guestswedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I had booked a B&B room for the night after a wedding being held in the Tythe Barn. I arrived but there was no clear reception point. We had to catch a member of staff who didn’t stop walking, and vaguely pointed in the direction of a board in the distance with room Keys on it. No mention of arrangements for breakfast. B&B rooms were pleasant, soundproofing not good generally and floors extremely noisy (we felt sorry for the people below us!). The shower was small and basic with strange controls - there didn’t appear to be temperature control and the temperature fluctuated - be careful!

On arrival I looked around the room/dressing table/coffee table/bedside tables etc for a folder or brochure giving more details - all the usual places establishments normally leave information - nothing.

We attended the wedding which was beautiful in every way!

The following morning I found the breakfast room fairly early (no “opening times” on the door) but needed to attend to some post wedding chores. I went back to the breakfast room at 9.45 and discovered it closed. The lady clearing up informed us in a very “dinner lady” fashion that we’d missed it. Breakfast was between 8.30 and 9.30 am! She said every room had a notice. I checked our room and found a photo frame with a printed notice about room prices, fire safety procedures and yes there it was - a sentence about breakfast!

There are three key problems here:

The room was £120 for B&B. I don’t think the standard of room was worth the tariff. I’ve stayed in much nicer central London hotels for less.

I felt the establishment was taking advantage of wedding guests. To give people an hour to get breakfast early on a Sunday morning after a wedding is at best thoughtless and at worse calculated!

Onsite service and communication in relation to accommodation and breakfast was dreadful.

I talked to friends who felt similarly disappointed with the experience. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
bentonTetbury, Accommodation Administrator at The Great Tythe Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us but are pleased that you enjoyed the wedding celebrations.

We do not have a main reception desk but check in/check out details are on the bottom of every booking confirmation, as are instructions on the location of accommodation keys and when breakfast is available. As you mentioned, there is also a notice in all rooms.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to have completely quite rooms as we are primarily a wedding venue and guests are usually in good spirits when they return to their rooms so there is usually a little noise until everyone has settled.

The shower cubicles are of a standard size and the shower itself is extremely simple to use with temperature control.

I have just spoken to Debbie, who is our lovely lady that prepares breakfast, and she did not see anyone before the guests arrived for breakfast at 8.30am. Breakfast time seems to suit guests staying and we have not, to my knowledge, had any other complaints saying it is too early.

We are of a comparable price to other accommodation in the area and guests do also have the benefit of not having to get a taxi after an event.

We do take reviews very seriously and I can assure you that your comments will be brought to the attention of the Owner.

Kind regards

Accommodation Administrator

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We attended a wedding on 27 January at the Great Tythe Barn, in Tetbury. It was a wonderful occasion, the venue, the service and the food was fantastic. Made perfect with the Curious Little Big Band to dance the night away.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018

A number of family members travelled from Belfast to The Great Tythe Barn in the beautiful Cotswolds for our niece Zoey's wedding to Ben and found it to be a fabulous wedding venue. It had a variety of accommodation to suit all attendees and being exclusively reserved for the wedding meant that we were all able to relax in each other's company as we were all attending the same wedding. The setting for the wedding was really beautiful and the standard of food served five star. Food and drink were only available on the day of the wedding but your were free to bring your own food & drink or make the 10 minute walk to Scenic market town of Tetbury where there were a number of bars, hotels & restaurants. We enjoyed 4 great days in the area and this made the whole event superb.

Room Tip: The Tythe House is a great choice for a large group.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
bentonTetbury, Administrator at The Great Tythe Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We will pass your comments on to the staff here and the caterers.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future if you are in area.

Kind regards.

Administrator

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We had such a great day celebrating, I really cannot fault this place, the only niggle was the Fact for £120 per night, I would expect a cooked breakfast the next morning, it was very basic only serving croissants and toasts with jams.

Stayed: September 2017
bentonTetbury, Administrator at The Great Tythe Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your e mail. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the celebrations.

I am sorry, we do not provide a cooked breakfast. We do normally find that guests enjoy the continental breakfast we provide.

In addition to the croissants, toasts and preserves there are also different cereals, fruits, yoghurts, teas, coffee and juice on offer.

I will pass your comments on to the Owner.

We hope to see you in the future if you are in the area.

Kind regards
Administrator
The Great Tythe Barn

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Venue and surroundings excellent. Rooms basic but clean. Floors and doors very creaky. Food outstanding but drinks extortionately expensive for the area. Although only offered continental breakfast it was certainly ample.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends