All reviews pizza within miles mile radius locally sourced food body lotion lamb cooked breakfast lovely meal bed and breakfast town centre sunday night tea and coffee family room westonbirt arboretum very pleasant stay travel cot fish and chips
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Think I had the same room as Jenny C , lovely view of bins, and directly above the pizza oven, the room was boiling hot all night. The desktop fan in room did nothing to alleviate this. We were unable to move as the hotel was full. The room was in need of upgrading, old furniture, and bathroom definately needing a makeover. However, they tried hard, even had a fridge in room, which didnt really work because it was so hot in room. Dinner at night was lovely, staff were great. Beautiful setting, and would return if guaranteed a front facing room, away from the bins and ovens!!

Room tip: Ask for a front facing room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We are local but haven't been for a couple of years. We had dinner last night and it was excellent . I had garlic bread for starters and I had the chicken burger which was perfectly cooked along with great chips and yummy onion rings. My husband had the chuck burger which again was perfectly cooked. Great portions and well presented. Staff were friendly and attentive. Great to see local artwork on the walls. Looking forward to our next meal.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t recommend staying here. The facilities are tired, old bath with shower head & curtain with a tiny bathroom. Bed is comfy enough but you can’t avoid the busy road noise & the pub downstairs.

The big disappointment was breakfast. I asked for scrambled egg & gluten free bread. I got a saw-dust roll & a fried egg with a broken yolk. When I mentioned this at reception, the response was ‘yeah it doesn’t look great’....

Wouldn’t say the staff were friendly at all. Just avoid it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Really friendly staff...but asked for a quiet room at time of booking..given one overlooking bins and near to kitchen extractor..really noisy smelly and hot..phone not working..tv not working..but clean towels and bed linen. Oh well..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2018

My daughter and I both ordered the above special and it was terrible. The food was bland, tasteless and completely unseasoned. The sea bass was incredibly oily, I could only taste oil not fish and the risotto wasn’t risotto, rather it was a mess of rice with tasteless small crayfish stirred in and 5 stalks of asparagus sticking out
We managed to eat the fish but couldn’t eat the so called risotto.
We were left with a horrible taste in our mouths so I ordered ice cream for dessert, thinking you can’t go wrongwith ice cream. Apparently you can go wrong! I had a scoop of honeycomb ice cream and my daughter had a sundae but again the ice cream was flavourless and a strange texture and left a gritty aftertaste in the mouth.
You have been warned!