“Delicious”

Price range: US$4 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Probably the best breakfast in Stroud. Excellent food, wonderful coffee and friendly service. Thoroughly recommended.

2  Thank Jonny C

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I'd been waiting for a chance to visit Dinner at Six after hearing good things. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and we'll definitely be back. Yummy food and the staff are all really lovely. Thumbs up from us.

2  Thank sophhawke
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

When dinner at six first opened we loved the food, it was tasty, well presented and perfectly balanced.
We raved about the chef, the starters and desserts especially,were to die for.
I took friends earlier this year and we were disappointed so hadn't returned since.
Tonight we gave it another try and while there was nothing we could specifically complain about,it's just not up there anymore,which is such a shame! We won't be returning, far to over priced for the quality now.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I'd originally booked our anniversary dinner at Dinner at Six for the Friday night. But they rang me weeks later to say they had a special event private party booked now for that night, so basically tough luck on me. I rescheduled our anniversary meal for the Saturday as I'd read some excellent reports on this restaurant. Well we spent the afternoon in Stroud enjoying the shopping, the street food market, the music festival and made our way to Dinner at Six at the booked time. A bid
G sign outside declared a "Lobster Festival" which brought us a bit of horror as neither of us like lobster. On entering, when I asked the waiter if there was any other main rather than lobster, he said, "Butternut squash or rib-eye steak" now I love ribeye but as we'd had steak the previous night and neither of us fancied the squash, we decided to leave. Why had nobody telephoned us about this? They had my number on the booking. Patently, they really don't care a damn about potential customers as they'd now let us down, not once, but twice over the same booking.
To my mind it's a pretty poor show to suddenly specialise on one night on seafood regardless of why customers had pre-booked. So, beware fellow searchers of good food in Stroud. They'll probably have a Pizza Extravaganza special or a Vegetarian Festival, or Swordfish Night next time. Pay no attention to what they tell you when you book. I asked if it was the standard menu and was told a most definite YES,
As for Dinner at Sx's organisational and communication skills, they score a feeble 1 out of 10.
We will NOT be booking again. What a bloody shambles!

st96wrb, Owner at Dinner at Six, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

We are very sorry that your evening was ruined. It was indeed an error on our part and a break down in communication. We have since tried to rectify this error and we hope you enjoyed your more recent visit to dinner at six last week. We try to ensure that everyone's visit to our restaurant lives up to their expectations. For all customers who intend to book a table at our restaurant, please do note that occasionally we do host themed evenings (once a month on average) and this is the first time a previously booked table has failed to be notified in over three years of operating.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

What a brilliant find! We had the most delicious food that would not be out of place in the centre of London. Pickled cabbage,lamb,hake,ginger sponge,panacotta, cocktails...the list goes on...everything looked and tasted amazing. You won't be disappointed!

6  Thank Cam8648