“Wonderful food”

Ranked #15 of 146 Restaurants in Stroud
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Friendly and relaxed bar and eatery. Local produce and Mediterranean flavours, fine wines, local ales including Cotswold lager and cider.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had a gorgeous meal here last night. I had the artichoke and courgette salad to start which was really fresh and tasty, my partner had the mackerel pate which he said was lovely and light. For main I had the braised beef with horseradish mash, the beef was so tender and delicious . My partner has the pork tenderloin which again was just stunning. The brownie and the lemon meringue pie finished off the evening perfectly. The staff are very attentive and the atmosphere was great. I cannot wait to come again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

After reading rave reviews, visited with friends .Decent wine list and attractive dishes on menu, until we came to eat them. Risotto rather sloppier than canned rice pudding; baby beetroots like recycled musket balls and pickled cabbage so tough that a hack saw would have been more appropriate than a knife. No issues with fish dishes or puddings which were well prepared and presented.
All avoidable if the cooks sampled their own food
A pity, because this place clearly has potential; helpful staff and innovative dishes.
Better luck next time, perhaps.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

First visit to Stroud and we were recommended Bisley House by previous occupants of our cottage rental. So pleased we walked up the hill to find it...gin and fevertree tonic in a pretty terraced and produce-filled garden out the back. Moved inside for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our choices -crab cake/marinated salmon for starters and pork schnitzel/Moroccan lamb slider for the main. Sorry I took no photos, as all the dishes were not only delicious and well prepared but also very nicely presented! Nice choice of wine by the glass to accompany the meal. Generous portions meant we couldn't try the desserts...another time, perhaps!
Thanks to all the staff who were so helpful and friendly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic fine dining pub in the back streets of Stroud. Good choice of vegetarian and fish meat dishes. Delicious well seasoned crab cake and very flavoursome frittata with feta and courgette. My ribeye steak was perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Having been recommended by a family member, I decided to try lunch on a business trip to Stroud. It turned out to be a very good decision, the staff were welcoming, always smiling the food was as good as I had been told. I was particularly impressed by the art work that filled the walls which I presume to be local artists work all making for a pleasant lunchtime experience.