I stayed at this hotel as a late valentines trip with my boyfriend. The hotel was very easy to find, and yes was on a main road but our room (204) was at the back so heard no road noise at all. The room was small, but perfect for the 2 of us. It was the most cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The room had a kingsize bed, full size fridge with complimentary water, tea, coffee, biscuits etc. Also a kettle, hairdryer, tv. You can hire dvd players if you wish.
We had dinner in the downstairs restaurant, i booked the table a few days before coming and i was told i couldnt have a table (a little confusion the person i emailed didnt realise i was staying in the hotel). I explained i was a hotel guest and was then told of course i could have a table, but only 7pm or 8.30pm. However when we sat down to dinner at 7pm there were about 8 tables spare, and these tables didnt actually have people at them until 8.30/9pm. Even then the restaurant was not fully booked, there were always tables free. So slightly confused there. However the food was very tasty, although very expensive, a glass of French rose wine was £8. It was so much cheaper to buy a bottle. The service was efficient, if anything too efficient. I felt as if the waitresses were hovering around and watching us for the very minute we finished our wine to top it up etc. I know this makes excellent service but it kind of took off the "relaxed edge". However the food was perfect, wine lovely, and we really enjoyed our meal.
Check out was easy, the staff were very friendly. I would go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-owned and run boutique country house hotel in Stow on the Wold, in the heart of the Cotswolds. The hotel offers 13 stylish bedrooms and 5 elegant two-room suites/family rooms and a relaxing and cosy lounge and bar. There is a large secure car park which is free for guests. In Cutler's at Number Four, our intimate restaurant, chef Brian Cutler offers good simple and tasty food using the best of local and seasonal produce. A small but flexible function room can seat up to 40 for meetings or private dining. The entire hotel is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi is free and available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Number 4 At Stow
- Number Four At Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Number Four At Stow And Cutler's Restaurant Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds