1,017 results
All reviews leisure facilities pool and gym steam room restaurant staff bus stop easy access business trip comfortable hotel short stay plenty of parking weekend break one night stay the ground floor double bed biscuits would stay again car parking
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I stay here in Feb 2016 and my most recent October 27-29th 2016, i was happy with my last visit so decided to stay again although not in the center close enough with just a short taxi or bus ride away.

I have seen a massive difference comparing to my last stay, Staff seemed warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for you especially on check inn when my room was not ready yet, i was handed a voucher for a complementary Costa coffee and Drink. I sat at the bar and was greeted by a bubbly staff member, i decided to have a snack while waiting and ordered a small nachos, after 10 minutes of waiting the arrived and sufficient to say the portion was huge. While eating my Nachos the staff member on duty engaged in conversation without been too in your face while she attended others and done her duty's. After 5 minutes of sitting down too eat the staff member who checked me in arrived with my room keys and room information which was a nice touch rather than checking each time with reception.

The room i had on the second floor was clean, spacious and bright and overlooked the gardens and leisure center. The bedding was incredible, in fact i think it was down and bed was so comfy i found it hard to get out for Breakfast. The bathroom had ample amount of hot water and was cleaned to a high standard. One thing i did find as the rooms are single glazed there was a lot of daytime air noise, but come night time i couldn't hear a thing.

Breakfast next morning i was greeted by a staff member who walked me through the various options and explained how everything worked. As i sat down to my porridge and coffee i ordered some poached eggs and asked would it be possible to use my Costa voucher and that was no problem, as Costa has now relocated to the bar i wasn't sure given the time of morning but it was no problem and i think it was served by the Food and Beverage manager who was bubbly and friendly especially for that time of morning.

After breakfast i decided to use the leisure center, although basic its an added bonus of any Jurys Inn to have a leisure. It was clean warm and served its purpose. It had a Jacuzzi, steam room, small kids pool and Sauna in the Changing room which i found unusual. Although clean it could need some TLC in terms of modernization. The gym looked great and ample equipment with enough for a full workout, not your usual small hotel gym.

After returning from town the second eve, i decided to eat in house as i had an early start the next day. Although there was ample choice on the bar menu, i didn't fancy any of the choices , i had a peek at the restaurant menu but didn't fancy sitting in the restaurant. I decided to ask the manager on duty would it be OK to have a mains from the Restaurant in the bar and that was met with a no problem.

All in all a great stay with great service, especially like the new bar design and set up with Costa. On check out staff where dressed up for Halloween and giving sweets to the kids which was a nice touch.

Look forward to my next stay

Keith

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Keith,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for such a detailed review as I appreciate this would have taken some time.

All parts of your review are extremely positive which is so great to read, and I am also delighted you have noticed a marked improvement since your stay in October. The team including our Food and Beverage Manager Laura are very happy to help any of our guests which is always great to see.

Keith, when you are back in the area again, please drop me an email direct and I will personally look after your reservation.

Catriona_Delaney@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Stayed for a few days over valentines week and had a very enjoyable stay. We didn't come across one member of staff who wasn't helpful - everyone was polite and friendly.
Room was nice and comfortable with free water and biscuits each day - always a bonus.
The location is great for the local park and ride - just £3 per person and it's a 10 minute drive into the town or a 2 mile walk if it's a nice day. Only ate in the restaurant once but it was very nice food and, again, the service was excellent. We were given complimentary parking as well as two free drinks at the bar and two hot drinks at the Costa. My only one gripe would be that the hotel could do with double glazing. I'm not sure whether this is an issue throughout the hotel or just our room but it didn't upset my stay.

Stayed: February 2017

Dear Louise S

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay here at Jurys Inn Cheltenham.

We appreciate your feedback and it is good to see that in the main you were very happy.

If you do decide to return, we will happily allocate you a room over looking the gardens as these rooms can be quieter.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

This was our second time to visit this hotel. Perfect stay once again.
Had a quick and pleasant check in, got to our suite and already felt so relaxed. Loads of space, completely spotless and as for the bed, really wanted to take it home with me, best night sleep we had for a while.
The bar is nice, with a large tv to watch the sports. There is a lovely and quaint conservatory area with more than enough space for kids to run around and get out of your hair for a bit. It opens to a large garden area that would be perfect when the wether is good.
Went to the restaurant both nights we were there, service was perfect and quick even though had different waiting staff each night. The food was hot and very tasty even had the delight of a 'special' menu the 2nd night. Only problem was, what to choose.
The hotel has a leisure centre with a great pool with shallow kids part. Along with a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. There is a gym but I didn't get a chance to use this but we did make great use of the massages that are available. (These do have to be booked in advance) surprisingly all pool and gym areas are clean, tidy and welcoming.
Breakfast has definitely changed since our last visit but only for the better. Great layout and easy to access all food items, there certainly is loads to choose from. Check out was equally as quick and pleasant.
Cannot fault this hotel at all. Great stay cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear Bridget L

Thank you for such a detailed review - we truly appreciate your feedback.

What makes your review such a great read is that you returned from a great experience last year and we exceed expectations again this year.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Quite an old building but the interior has been renovated and maintained to a very reasonable standard and everywhere was immaculately clean throughout.

Bathroom was a little basic but more than satisfactory.

Didn't have time to check out the leisure facilities.

We found the room very warm (it was sub-zero outside) but couldn't locate the thermostat.

Check in was very quick, friendly and efficient. All staff we came across were friendly and helpful.

This is not a luxury hotel but represents excellent value for money at £68 B&B.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MGSreject
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Dear 598Savile

Thank you for leaving a review for future potential guests to review.

We are truly happy with the 'five stars', and your very kind words.

I hope that you will continue to use Jurys Inn when you are back in the Cheltenham area.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

As a business traveller, Jurys Inn staff were excellent when I needed to make a last-minute cancellation despite having already been up to my room on arrival. The stay was cancelled (before 2pm) without needing to pay, and she said she'd make sure the bottle of water I'd drunk was replaced and the room checked over. All other aspects of customer service were exemplary. The hotel is perfectly clean and comfortable, with useful touches such as free wifi, every room having an ironing board/iron in the wardrobe, and free bottled water/biscuits etc. The breakfast was good, and there's a gym, (small) swimming pool and sauna. There is ample parking. Thanks, Jurys Inn.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank B T

Dear B T.

Thank you so much for the 'Five stars', your review was a great read, and we are delighted with your comments.

I hope that you will use Jurys Inn again, when you are in the Cotswold area.