All reviewsleisure facilitiespool and gymsteam roombus stopeasy accessbusiness tripcomfortable hotelshort stayplenty of parkingweekend breakbiscuitsdouble bedthe ground floorone night staywould stay againpleasant staycar parking
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

A slightly mixed bag.

The reception was excellent - young lady on our arrival and lad in the morning. Both helpful, friendly and efficient.

The front of house restaurant staff were the same - efficient and friendly - although the wait for our meal was rather long (45 minutes from order at 8 o'clock). My main and pudding were very good indeed, so as I say, a mixed bag. I thought the dishes were quite expensive but the overall bill was fine as they do a two course or three course deal, which makes it better value.

Breakfast was good. Plenty of choice and hot buffet served in smaller than normal dishes and regularly replenished.

My twin room was very comfortable, a good size, very clean with plenty of plug sockets. The bed was lovely and linen of good quality. It was freezing outside and my room was nice and warm.

It's someway out of town but there's a bus stop close by.

Not perfect, but I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Dear Keswick

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay at Jurys Inn Cheltenham.

I am delighted to read that in the main, that you were happy and will return.

We have already spoken to our Head Chef as to wait 45 minutes is very slow and will need to be rectified.

When you do decide to return, please drop me an email and I will personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

This isn't the sort of hotel we would normally stay in as we prefer smaller places, but we had a hotel voucher. It's a very good chain, the room was clean and comfortable, great bed, spotless bathroom, and high quality breakfasts (though the organisation of the latter was a bit disorganised)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn

Dear Johntimelord

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor and giving the hotel five stars.

We do pride our selves in ensuring our hotel is spotless as this is very important, which is great to see you observed this.

I hope that you will continue to use Jurys Inn now going forward and if I can ever be of any assistant with a reservation, please drop me an email.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Conveniently located close to the M5 but not within walking distance of the Town Centre. Was surprised to discover a car park charge of £6 per day for guests and I don't recall this ever being brought to my attention at the time of booking. This is one feature I object to and had I had been aware would have not made a reservation. The hotel has a large car park and for an out of town establishment this charge amounts to exploitation.
The room booked was a Superior and allegedly comes with a discount card for Drinks/Meal and a complimentary Costa coffee, was however surprised to discover it only covers one days use.
As has been mentioned by other reviewers the rooms have been recently refurbished and provide a good degree of comfort. Plenty of wardrobe space but surprisingly no drawers apart from that containing the hairdryer. The seating area did not have the benefit of an armchair but a high seat and the second person has to make do with the chair by the dressing table. Unusually for modern hotels the lighting was very good. A major problem is the location of the safe which is at ground level, this means that access is literally on hands and knees, anyone with mobility issues would probable find this facility as totally unusable.
Rooms do not have the benefit of air-conditioning or double glazing, the latter meant at night you were conscious of road noise, although for me it was not too intrusive.
Breakfast is average although the hot foods were kept to small quantities but regularly replenished, keeping things fairly fresh and not over cooked under the lamps.
The evening meal experience was simply awful, and never to be repeated. Our problem may have been down to the fact that we were the only diners, but were served a lukewarm and greasy king prawn appetiser followed by lamb chops for the main meal. The main at £18 comprises two very small lamb cutlets a few chips, one tomato and a small pile of rocket leaves, in fairness tasty but a rip off. Still the best was yet to come! For desert we ordered the crumble, perhaps we should have asked for it to be cooked as it turned up virtually cold with raw crumble tasting of flour on top.
I have never stayed at a Jury's Hotel before and was attracted because I believed it to deliver consistent 4 star standards. Cant fault the rooms or indeed the facilities but the overall experience was such I do not regard our stay to have been value for money.

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank TripadviserTaunton
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear TripadviserTaunton

Firstly, can I thank you for your detailed review - certainly feedback we can use to improve our offering further.

I would be delighted to speak with you in person regarding your stay and would be so grateful if you would forward your contact details directly to my email address below and I would make contact with you.

I do hope and will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Staying in this hotel for many days I can say only good worlds about the room , the people and generally the premises . Everything is very clean and beds comfortable.
I have had my dinner many times in the restaurant and I enjoyed all of them. Food is very nice and tasty, and people very helpful and friendly. Today, and some other previous times, I was served by "Jaimee", a very kind and helpful girl, always with a big smile ready to help you.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kostas T

Thank you so much for such lovely kind words - I know our Food and Beverage Manager has already spoken with Jaimee and she was delighted with your comments.

I do hope you will continue to use Jurys Inn Cheltenhan when in the area again.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

A Good Hotel all round.
Food was of a high standard and well presented.
Room was of a high standard although a separate Shower would be better than in the Bath.
Service of a high standard and no issues to report other than the Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi being out of Service due to the Temperature of the Water, which was a shame as this was one of the reason for choosing the Jurys Inn over other nearby Hotels.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn

Dear Keffin63

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent experience of Jurys Inn Cheltenham.

Our leisure club did have work completed this week and is now fully functional again. One of our boilers became redundant and we needed to replace this, which took some time.

If you do decide to return, please drop me an email and I will happily look after your reservation.