All reviews croft restaurant italian restaurant rubber duck lovely hotel car park lady on reception the river small hotel family room cooked breakfast ground floor booked this hotel the main hotel perfect location our room was spacious beautiful village evening meal
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Accommodation was lovely but we chose to pay for a bigger room than normal. Staff were very friendly and accommodating with a great choice for breakfast. If you have an evening meal ther a pizza is a must, you won't regret it.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 69Dusty
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Where can I start, this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Myself and my sister, mother and father decided to spend two nights away in the Cotswolds.

Mum had asked for two double bedrooms in the main hotel but although upon arrival we were on the outside quarter this was no problem at all! If anything it was much nicer. The rooms were fully equipped with a dresser table, sofa, TV, kettle with tea and coffee facilities and a great LED mirror in the bathroom. We were welcomed with a personalised note along with some yummy biscuits. The only issues I would say is the pillows are quite small so if you are one of those people that must have a good pillow then maybe bring your own. The lighting could also do with a different bulb as it was still quite dark in the day with them on.

Breakfast was delicious each morning you can have the buffet breakfast with cereals and pastries and then choose what kind of hot breakfast you would like. I must say this is the best breakfast I have ever had so kudos to the chef!

The staff were so friendly and lovely especially Slav who always greeted us wonderfully.

The bar in the hotel is very relaxed where we had a couple drinks before we went to dinner then went back again after. Everything in this hotel is very much relaxing and stress free which was great!

We are in both the Croft and the Italian restaurant in the hotel. You must book in advance and they only have one beer by the draft with the rest bottled and limited ciders to offer. The food in both these restaurants were delicious so please do go there!

Location wise was the best, I would advise possibly one night at Bourton on the water and another in Stow on the Wold- this is about a ten minute drive away with plenty of shops, tea rooms and restaurants/pubs. Please do visit the motor museum , the small village, the Victorian Christmas shop, and the tea rooms as well as the pubs!

Overall I would most certainly stay again :)

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here for three nights in November last year , although the weather was damp the hotel was warm and very very comfortable, the staff were excellent and the breakfasts were lovely .. highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was a perfect choice for a quick getaway in the Cotswolds!! It's right behind the main High Street, connected to their Italian restaurant.
I had a ground floor room, which was plenty spacious and modernly furnished. The bathroom was especially lovely and nice/toasty warm. Free drinks/snacks in the room as well.
But I think the real winner is the customer service. I had 2 different women and a man provide helpful information about the area, and they were able to watch my rucksack during the day as I was out and about walking. The full English breakfast was also very good and included in my stay.
Would recommend as a very comfortable, clean, and friendly place to call home if you're visiting Burton-on-the-Water or surrounding area.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Arranged a stay for my mums birthday and asked if they could arrange for a bottle of wine and chocolates for the room. More than happy with what they did. Mum loved the hotel, her room, the food and is definitely going back for another visit.

Date of stay: October 2017