All reviews croft restaurant italian restaurant rubber duck lovely hotel car park lady on reception the river small hotel family room booked this hotel cooked breakfast the main hotel perfect location room was spacious ground floor beautiful village coach house
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here for three nights in November last year , although the weather was damp the hotel was warm and very very comfortable, the staff were excellent and the breakfasts were lovely .. highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was a perfect choice for a quick getaway in the Cotswolds!! It's right behind the main High Street, connected to their Italian restaurant.
I had a ground floor room, which was plenty spacious and modernly furnished. The bathroom was especially lovely and nice/toasty warm. Free drinks/snacks in the room as well.
But I think the real winner is the customer service. I had 2 different women and a man provide helpful information about the area, and they were able to watch my rucksack during the day as I was out and about walking. The full English breakfast was also very good and included in my stay.
Would recommend as a very comfortable, clean, and friendly place to call home if you're visiting Burton-on-the-Water or surrounding area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Arranged a stay for my mums birthday and asked if they could arrange for a bottle of wine and chocolates for the room. More than happy with what they did. Mum loved the hotel, her room, the food and is definitely going back for another visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The Chester Hotel is well located in the town centre and within easy distance of the various local attractions e.g. Birdland, the Model Village and the Motor Museum. Our room was spacious with a comfortable double bed and well equipped bathroom, although access was across a courtyard which might be a bit of a problem in bad weather.

Highlight of our visit was dinner in the in house L'Anatra Restaurant which was absolutely excellent. The lobster, crab and salmon ravioli was truly first class and would not out of place in a Michelin restaurant.

Fair choice at breakfast.

Would certainly stay at the Chester again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is in a brilliant location, just a very short walk from pretty much everything in Bourton-on-the-Water.

Room was of a good size with high ceilings. Bed was big and comfortable.
Some nice personal touches in the room, such as the welcome card from the head housekeeper with my name, and a souvenir rubber duck. Hot chocolate, various teas and coffee, as well as still and sparkling waters in the room.
Shower was brilliant, one of the best I've used in a hotel; got up to temperature quickly and great water pressure.

Breakfast was also good, and service was quick and friendly. Ordered the cooked breakfast, went to get some juice and only a couple of minutes later our food had arrived.

Receptionist was friendly and helpful, giving us all the information we needed during our short trip to the room.

Overall, excellent hotel and will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple