All reviews croft restaurant italian restaurant rubber duck lovely hotel car park lady on reception the river small hotel family room booked this hotel cooked breakfast the main hotel perfect location room was spacious ground floor beautiful village coach house
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is in a brilliant location, just a very short walk from pretty much everything in Bourton-on-the-Water.

Room was of a good size with high ceilings. Bed was big and comfortable.
Some nice personal touches in the room, such as the welcome card from the head housekeeper with my name, and a souvenir rubber duck. Hot chocolate, various teas and coffee, as well as still and sparkling waters in the room.
Shower was brilliant, one of the best I've used in a hotel; got up to temperature quickly and great water pressure.

Breakfast was also good, and service was quick and friendly. Ordered the cooked breakfast, went to get some juice and only a couple of minutes later our food had arrived.

Receptionist was friendly and helpful, giving us all the information we needed during our short trip to the room.

Overall, excellent hotel and will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Our family spent three nights at the Chester House Hotel at the end of September. Bourton speaks for itself so I wont dwell on that too much.

The position, appearance and overall presentation of the hotel is very good. Housekeeping is on the ball, bar is well stocked and great for a little chill out and relax plus the restaurants are very nice (italian on site and the croft over the road). The staff were all very welcoming, Slav especially on the bar is really good. They dont let tables sit dirty, well flipped. Morning breakfast was great aside from running out every day of the croissants.

Hard to pick faults really, but if I had to, it would all be in the room.
The room has a large bed comprising of two singles which im sure is perfectly adequate if you're of normal height. Being 6ft 6", losing that extra 20cm in length compared to if it was just a king/super king in the room, I found my legs hanging over the edge.
The bathroom floor tiles are lifting so could do with some attention and lastly again in the bathroom is the shower. Poor pressure quality. It would be considered by most a 'fine spray'. Oh and the carpark is relatively compact but does appear to cope well.

Staying in room 26, the room is large offering plenty of room for our travel cot. Situated in the coach house and overlooks the garden/outside seating area.

I needed to iron a shirt one night and was led behind the scenes to an 'ironing room' which was abit odd rather than just supplying you with the tools but it did the job.

I would say that the hotel would benefit from an outside childrens play area of some description. I'm only talking a slide, a swing or a climbing frame, nothing special. But Bourton itself doesnt cater on this front so I think they could do well there. I asked someone behind the bar for directions to the nearest 'park' to satisfy our toddler and was directed to one that was a good 20 minute walk away!

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bourton.

Room Tip: Room 26 in the coach house overlooking the gardens. Big and quiet room. Ideal for families.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Charming hotel, very welcoming reception staff. Room comfortable. Centrally located for our Cotswold walking holiday which started and ended at this Hotel. Tight car park but we managed fine. Hotel very accommodating as we were two walkers with bags to be collected and moved on etc

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Stayed a couple of nights in September 2017, celebrating 60th birthday in Bourton on the water.....Great Hotel, Fantastic location, Helpful Staff, Good breakfast, comfortable well equipped room, what more can I say?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to the Cotswolds required s really good hotel and memorable stay. Chester house largely delivered this and was very quaint, comfortable and enjoyable. Excellent breakfast included and off road parking. Only 2 negatives which resulted in our lower than excellent rating. The room was way too hot with the heater on full in late September and no fridge in the room for keeping food or beverages cold. Otherwise great value for money

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends