Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 19/05/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 19/05/21
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Expedia.comUS$79
eDreamsUS$79
StayForLongUS$87
All reviews petrol station beans sat nav yogurt dual carriageway would stay again stayed here for nights buffet breakfast an evening meal duvet essex
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

Breakfast is is right fiasco here , stayed in lots of holiday inn exp recently and breakfast isn’t like it is here .. staff are horrendous , like staying in a prison , even if more than one person serves you might make the experience better / faster ..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for husband birthday! Beds could if been better. Rooms were okay. Signal was sketchy for phones but didn't really bother us. Breakfast was okay for a buffet. Staff are friendly , everything was clean and this was before the pandemic. Would come back xx

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

Was a bit worried staying away as this is the first time we stayed away since the beginning of the pandemic but was really pleasantly surprised. There was plenty of sanitizer everywhere. Room was exceptionally clean. Restaurant was clean and service good. Food was nice, although they couldn’t supply a bottle of rose as they had run out! Breakfast was efficient and COVID safe, and satisfying. Cereal, yogurt, bacon sausage croissant, hot drink and juice. Didn’t at all feel worried and thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Just looking to find out if this hotel has a gym and if so what are the opening and closing times and the prices please ? As a few of us are up there working and staying here for nearly 2 weeks and wanting to still train .

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel through guestreservations.com who are part of hotelvalues.com.
The price advertised was 36€ night which included full breakfast. I checked for any additional costs and none were found so I proceeded to the credit card payment. This was confirmed and I was shocked to see the total taken had increased by 90€. It also stated my booking was non-refundable.
To locate the extra cost, I went through the booking process again and if you do not enter your card details in the payment section (why would you not do that?) it goes on to inform you of service charges.
I emailed them straight away to cancel my booking but I’m still waiting for reply (and I’m back from trip). Booking company are based in USA !!!!

So arrived at hotel, I cannot complain about standard of room.

The full breakfast however, it consisted of cold sausage bap, apple, biscuits, pain au chocolate, tea in paper cup and carton of orange juice.
All served to you in a large paper bag.
I’m aware of Covid restrictions and guests unable to use buffet but I felt this was Holiday Inn being lazy. Why couldn’t someone serve a cooked breakfast like in other hotels.
If so worried about Covid, why was the ketchup served from a sauce bottle handled by every guest !!!
Finally tables wiped with damp cloth, no sign of antibacterial cleaner.
Come on Holiday Inn, you can and must do much better.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple