“Cosy cottage - great location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Seakale

A modern day fisherman's cottage
The cosy living room Open plan dining area adjacent to kitchen.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The cosy living room
Open plan dining area adjacent to kitchen.
Catch of the Day!
The well equipped kitchen.
Nautical style staircases
Master bedroom with king size bed.
Through the looking glass.........
Perfect for a cosy weekend
Top floor twin bedroom
Rule Britannia!
Top floor rear bedroom with river/sea views
Bathroom with marble-topped twin sinks, spacious bath and overhead shower.
100ft rear enclosed garden backing on to the nature reserve
Seakale has a parking area for up to 2 cars
Dog friendly beaches
An atmospheric walk to Camber Castle
The glorious dunes at Camber Sands
Dungeness……..a photographer's dream
Nearby Hastings Country Park with stunning views!
Beach kiting at Camber
Unwind by the fire after a bracing beach walk
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SJR118
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy cottage - great location”
Reviewed 2 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We had a lovely Christmas at Sea Kale, which is very well equipped and cosy cottage, a short walk from the nature reserve (but about 20 minutes walk to the beach). This area has a unique feel to it. We had a mix of weather, but even on the very 'bracing' days manage a walk to the bird hides to watch the inhabitants of the reserve going about their business. The cottage everything we needed to cook the Christmas dinner, and was big enough for a family gathering during the week. Everything lovely and clean and to a high standard. The only reason I have not given the cottage top marks was the fact that the unmade road to the cottage has major potholes along it. Not a problem for us, but it might be if you had a low slung fancy car! I think this should be mentioned in the overview of the cottage. Also no torch... I think you would need one if you fancied a walk to the pub in the evening, and I would also have like to see a portable radio (luckily I brought my own).

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5 Jan 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review as I really appreciate and welcome any feedback. I'm glad to hear that all went well during your Christmas week. We are very lucky that the nature reserve is beautiful, whatever the weather or time of year. I'm sorry to hear about the lack of a torch. This is frustrating as there is usually a torch just inside the front door, so I will check that on my next visit. We also keep an LED light in a waterproof box directly under the key safe, so you would have been very welcome to have used that too. Many guests also use their mobile phone lights. I have previously considered adding a portable radio to the cottage but feel that there is a lack of available counter space to do so without compromising something else. There seems to be a growing trend to be able to stream radio programmes from either phones or laptops, so I think this is the best option for the cottage. One can also tune into radio stations on the Smart TV. There is a short section of unmade road leading to the cottage, which after a period of heavy rain, can get rather bumpy, due to the shingle being moved around. However, this is maintained throughout the year, so it varies quite a bit. I don't receive a lot of negative feedback on this as it is generally very manageable to drive along if one drives very slowly but unfortunately, and very frustratingly, it is an area that is outside of my control. I wish you all the best for the New Year. Best wishes, Jane
Harringto...
Caterham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service!”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed at Seakale Cottage with our two young sons and had a fantastic time. The location is great with the Harbour, nature reserve and beach all on the doorstep and Rye town a short drive away. The cottage is beautifully decorated and so relaxing and the host provides equipment like cots etc for young children to save bringing your own. The host went over and above for us, returning some belongings we had left behind in the post, so helpful! Fully recommend this cottage for a lovely family break in Sussex.

1 Oct 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review and it was really no trouble to return your belongings. I hope to welcome you back one day. Best wishes, Jane
paulw5826...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed at Seakale for 4 nights and we enjoyed every minute of it. The cottage has everything you need. We found the location perfect too - only a 5 minute drive from Rye and only just around the corner from a lovely pub (William the Conquerer), a couple of wonderful cafes and also the nature reserve which provides access to the beach (albeit on foot).

Jane was the perfect hostess - keeping in contact from when we booked originally and proactively checking with us when she noticed the heating might need adjustment.

Thank you for a lovely few days. We hope to return one day and we thoroughly recommend Seakale!

6 Oct 2017
Thank you for such a lovely review! You were also the perfect guest to converse with, especially in assisting me with the heating adjustment. Your help was very much appreciated. I hope to welcome you back one day. Best wishes, Jane
Reviewed 19 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Jayneyone
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“A perfect cottage which made for a perfect stay.”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Seakale Cottage is perfectly equipped for a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Rye Harbour. Jane was helpful from beginning to end - the perfect owner! All the little extras from dog biscuits to toiletries makes for an easy stay. The cottage is beautifully furnished and is just a short walk away from the Nature Reserve. Will definitely recommend to all friends and family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfy beds and pillows
Liked least: nothingt
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Apr 2016
Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you all had a good stay, which is of upmost importance to me. I hope that your boys are now refreshed and recharged for their forthcoming exams. I hope to welcome you back one day. With best wishes, Jane
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing