“Amazing food ! And lovely staff !”

NUR RESTAURANT & LOUNGE
Ranked #96 of 360 Restaurants in Hastings
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had pork belly and khachapuri was amazing. both were very full and happy, service was amazing and the decor is stunning will be back !

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (139)

Reviewed 12 September 2021

Never having tried Armenian food before, it was pleasure to try something new. The lamb with pomegranate was excellent. Thank you...

Reviewed 12 September 2021

Food was perfect, just the right amount of food and cooked beautifully. Chairs comfortable and lovely atmosphere. They have thought of everything!

Reviewed 5 September 2021

I had never been to Hastings before and when I went for work I figured the restaurants would be typical British seaside fare. Nur an Armenian place was a wonderful surprise. Food was fresh, different and well flavoured.

I was on my own and not in the mood for a substantial main course (I've eaten Armenian food before) so had starters on my two visits. The soup of the day was a lamb and rice thing in a delicious meat and tomato broth. I had that as a main and started with Russian style herring. I also ordered a side of pickled Armeian vegetables. The soup was brilliant as were the pickled vegetables ... they were not over-vinegared and soggy, Herring was perhaps too bland. But I went back a second time and had the soup and pickles again this time with duck liver pate which was smooth and tasty.

Staff were local kids and helpful.

Recommend.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 1 September 2021 via mobile

Despite explicitly clarifying how items on the menu were served the orders were different when they arrived with additional ingredients and pre applied sauces. We didn't have time to re-order so we ate what we could and left. Very disappointing experience from somewhere that looked a bit different.

Date of visit: August 2021