1,472 results
All reviewsmash and barrelburger kinglive loungedeluxe caravansaxon centrefun starsroller discoseaside squadpapa johns pizzaspace bowloutdoor poolsecurity staffgreat holidaysoft playon site shopfamily holidaylovely caravan
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve done a number of caravan park holidays and this was the most disappointing of them.

The whole park feels tired & dated. Yes, there was work going on around the place but I can only comment on how I found it. Many of the caravans themselves looked tatty and unappealing which isn’t a great start.

The park is huge, which in itself isn’t an issue, but it feels as if every effort has been made to squeeze as many caravans in as possible, the result being our living room was overlooked by at least five other caravans at pretty close quarters. Great for the exhibitionists amongst you, not so anyone else.

The caravan itself, although modern wasn’t of a great design and made what was on paper a big space seem smaller than it could be. The cleanliness of the ‘van was also pitiful. The last occupants yeah remained where it had fallen out of the bin in the cupboard, which we smelt before we found, and the master bedroom smelt like someone was hiding in the closet having gone for a run on a hot day. There was also more trash under the chair in the living room.

You can forgive the normal issues of caravan holidays like ants and so on. It’s a caravan, they happen, but this was just a complete lack of care. We considered moving but decided that we would no doubt have many of the same problems elsewhere so what was the point?

Positives... the staff we encountered were all excellent. Very friendly, accommodating etc., it’s just a shame the fixtures & fittings don’t match their standards.

1  Thank Ben B
Combe H, Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Ben B,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of your recent holiday experience. However, I apologise that you have had reason to complain.

I am disappointed that you your overall holiday experience was not a good one and would like to assure you that I have shared this with the relevant managers on Park for review moving forward. I am however, pleased that all team you encountered were very friendly, this is of the utmost priority of ours ensuring we provide our guests with a great first impression.

If you would like to discuss this further and in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

(01424) 427891

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Took a weekend break here as part of a daily sun deal so didn't pay top buck ..had a delux caravan which in my opinion was more basic than delux but had an ensuit toilet so I suppose that made it delux...no fish and chip shop to take away on site but drive out of main gate turn right and down bottom of road is a lovely fish and chip shop..did not eat in mash and barrrel but food looked good with nice sitting area over swimming pool with large flume..did not use club but seating looked like something out of mc Donalds ..people with disabilities be aware ask for higher part of park beat facilities otherwise very large hill to climb...lovely area for visiting hastings and battle ..clean enough park but not for me..beach half hour walk

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Martin K,

Many thanks for taking your time to complete a review of your recent holiday experience with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your accommodation, please do not hesitate to share any concerns with our friendly reception team whilst on park who will be on hand to assist you.

I certainly agree with you that Hastings is a lovely place to visit and explore with many great surrounding locations. The reception team are always on hand to assist with recommendations of places to visit locally.

I do hope that you enjoyed other aspects of your holiday with us and hat you decide to return to Haven in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Family weekend away, booked 4 caravans. 2 of the caravans were infested with Ants, 1 of the caravans had to be swapped and 1 of the caravans could not be slept in for the first night!

Food in the restaurant cold be improved - using instant mash is not going to attract crowds! Even staff admitted this because they do not have time to make it fresh!

Outside seating area of the restaurant with filthy - covered in bird mess with birds nesting above your head!

Needs a lot of improving!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Combe H, Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear joharrison1965,

Many thanks for sharing with us your recent holiday experience, however I am disappointed that you have had reason to complain.

I apologise that you did not have a good accommodation experience, in relation to ants, during warm periods, the appearance of ants is fairly common. Advice from the Local Environmental Health Officer confirms that they do appear for no apparent reason and do not necessarily reflect any lack of hygiene. They can only be attributed to a force of nature as we trust you can appreciate, but we apologise for any distress or inconvenience this situation may cause you. We would suggest that to discourage their presence, food is not left exposed, particularly in the kitchen. For safety reasons all holiday homes have vents, hence there will always be access points for such insects. Therefore we cannot prevent access, we can only respond by supporting our customers as much as possible. Treatment can be provided on request

I would like to assure you that your feedback in relation to your restaurant experience has been shared with our Retail Manager for review moving forward.

Once again I apologise to you for having issues whilst on Park, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We were on the sun holiday offer so was very happy with the caravan for the price we paid. There were a few marks and scuffs but nothing you wouldn't expect from a caravan that gets used week in week out. The caravan was clean the bathroom could benefit from having a toilet brush in it. The staff were friendly. The only criticism would be that we were right next to the basketball/football court it could benefit from a slightly higher fence as the older kids kept kicking the ball in to the side of the caravan. The shop was well stocked, we didn't use the club or bar. We did try Burger King which was nice but prices were motorway service prices so not a cheap eat.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Combe H, Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Kim_Pete7049,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of your recent holiday experience with us.

I am so pleased that you were very happy with your allocated accommodation, I will be sure to share this with our accommodation team.

I am pleased that all team you encountered were friendly, this is of the utmost priority of ours :)

I do hope that you return to us in the future, if you have a request of location please be sure to let us know and we will do our utmost to assist.

Many thanks once again for your 4* review, I do hope we can get this to 5* in the future :)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and son have a little caravan break a couple of times a year to supplement our main summer holiday, this time we tried out this place and were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted at the gate by a very friendly and welcoming security guard, who gave us helpful instructions to check in. Checking in was swift and painless, we were dealt with by a friendly and efficient lady called Maxine, who gave us some useful advice. The caravan was clean and modern with all that we could want from this sort of accommodation. We didn't see any of the live evening entertainment, but the hall looked large comfortable. The amusement arcade was well-equipped and the 2p machines well stocked with toys/sweets (I make reference to this as it's the highlight of our caravan breaks for my young son). We ate Friday and Saturday night in tge Mash and Barrel, which was perfectly adequate Wetherspoons-style fayre. There was a Burger King and Papa John's pizza, which were priced similarly to high-street branches.

The staff at this park are its real asset. From security, reception, waiting staff, arcade staff and litter pickers, all the ones we encountered were polite, friendly and professional - often staff at caravan sites we've visited act as though they're inmates in a gulag being forced to work there.

The park itself was well maintained, the grass was cut and there was hardly any litter, quite impressive for such a large site. The only slightly negative we found was that the area is quite hilly, so depending on where your caravan is, it may be a hefty treck uphill to get to/from the entertainment complex. Also I felt that the public walkways could be a little better defined, as we were often unsure of where we should be walking and it was quite unnerving walking with a young child on a roadway with cars driving past. When we did join a path that we thought would take us to the complex, it led us to the front door of someone's caravan. Perhaps a painted walkway on the road would help in places where there is no path.

I will add that when we woke on Saturday morning, we noticed a trail of ants leading from the front door to our bin. The ants had clearly sought out a sticky wrapper. We simply emptied the bin, killed any ants left behind and afterwards wrapped our food packaging up in a plastic bag and had no further problems. I mention this not because it was a problem for us, but as a warning to anyone that if you are in a non-airtight tin can in the middle of a large field, you have to expect to see bugs and insects, and if you leave out food uncovered or sticky wrappers in the spring/summer, you should expect ants, so in my mind it's certainly not cause for complaint.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend and, although we don't like to visit the same caravan park twice, we intend to make an exception here.

Dear CJR1271982,

Many thanks for sharing with us your recent holiday experience at Combe Haven.

It is excellent to know that you had a great 5* experience. It appears that all aspects of your stay were great and I can assure you that I have forwarded your individual highlights onto the relevant managers on Park. :)

Apologies for those uninvited guests (ants) in your holiday home, they are quite common at this time of the year, however we are always on hand to assist in getting rid of them at any time. :)

It is lovely to note that you found the park well maintained, the grounds team really do work hard to provide our guests with the very best first impression from the moment you arrive on park. they will be thrilled to read your kind comments.

Once again thank you so much for your lovely review and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Please pop in and say Hi! :)