1,470 results
All reviewsmash and barrelburger kingdeluxe caravansaxon centrefun starsroller discoseaside squadpapa johns pizzaspace bowloutdoor poolsecurity staffgreat holidaysoft playon site shopfamily holidaylovely caravancentral heating
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to book a long weekend here for my birthday/the Easter bank holiday. We collected our keys and finally found our caravan which was at the far end of the site and in a very wet and muddy area. The caravan had no fridge, the carpet in one bedroom was soaking wet and the table top was off its legs and on the seating area, plus no remote to tv. We went back to reception and was dealt with very quickly and given two options. To stay and everything would be dealt with or to move to another caravan. We chose to move. The next caravan was perfect. Nearer to the main venue and not on a grassy area, so we was no longer getting wet and muddy!
The stay over all was lovely. We had such a great time. The only bad thing was when we went swimming on the Sunday afternoon, we lost our locker key in the pool and someone used it to take our wallet! Leaving us without any cash for the remainder of our holiday. We were upset on our last evening to what was meant to be nice relaxing family trip. Staff did what they could to help. Apart from that we had a lovely time!

1  Thank belletsaw
Combe H, Holiday Experience at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Combe Haven Holiday Park.

It is lovely to read that you chose to celebrate your Birthday and Easter with us.

I am sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with the original Holiday Home allocated to you. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the Accommodation and Site Manager to review. I am however pleased that when you reported this to the Reception Team they were able to resolve this for you quickly and you were happy with alternative accommodation.

I am thrilled that you had a great stay.

I am disappointed that you had some belongings taken from your locker in the Swimming Pool after you had misplaced your key. I have passed this onto the Activities and Leisure Team. If you wanted to email me directly a description of the lost I would be more than happy to keep an eye out for them (jade.walker@bourne-leisure.co.uk).

If you did want to book a future stay, give us a call directly before the end of October 2018 and we can apply a returning discount for you. This can be applied for holidays this year or next.

We hope to welcome you back to Combe Haven soon.

Combehaventripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from our second visit to Combe Haven and have had a wonderful time again! On arrival we had been upgraded to a 3 bed caravan which was a lovely surprise and in the same location as last time just as we requested. The caravan was lovely and clean and everything seemed very new, no complaints at all. We visited the swimming pool, the mini market, arcade & the live lounge and our children thoroughly enjoyed themselves - especially our eldest who loved the Easter treasure hunt. Our only disappointment was with the soft play at the Saxon centre - it had just been refurbished but it was so dark to see the children inside and on our second visit we had to take them out as it was overrun by 11/12 year olds chasing each other, kicking the soft play cubes at each other and blocking areas off so that the smaller children could not play safely. It was such a shame as there is so much for the older kids to be doing on site yet they take over the smaller kids equipment. I appreciate that it was busy that afternoon with sport on the tv but there was not a member of staff to seek help from so it was safer for us to just remove the children, along a couple of other families who encountered the same thing. Aside from that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank NandL2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding you Easter weekend with us.
I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us again.

I am pleased that you were happy with the Holiday Home allocated to you for stay with us and found it to be lovely, clean and very new.
We always do try our best to meet all our guests request and I am glad that this was the case for you.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed all the facilities we have to offer and you eldest especially enjoyed the Easter treasure hunt. It was great to see everyone having a great time following the clues.

I do apologise that that your children did not get to enjoy the new soft play area. The Saxon Soft Play does have an age limit of under 8 years old and I am disappointed that other older children did not follow this. I will be sure to pass this onto The Saxon Manager to review.

Just a quick reminder, that if you are booking to stay in 2018 or 2019 we can apply a returning discount for you. This can be applied until the end of this season (October 2018).

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

combehaventripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First let me say the newly refurbed saxon centre looks great, the staff once again are terrific! Everything is clean and new and lovely.
The downside is the soft play area, where its totally lovely and new, its too dark to see our little ones in there, we need a light that shines into it. Also, its clearly marked for 8s and under, its been full of pre terns and early teens blocking the slide and chasing each other around. Dangerous for little ones which it is intended for. The lovely staff fo seem a little wary of imposing an age limit. There will be an accident before long. Too dark and too many bigger kids inside.
I get that all kids want to play but the saxon centre is not catering for older kids. A shame to moan as its really lovely in there.

1  Thank TraceyG03
Combe H, Holiday Experience at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi TracyG03, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Combe Haven Holiday Park.

It is always such a delight to read amazing feedback regarding the team.

I am pleased that you thought new refurbishment of the Saxon Centre looked great.
I am however disappointed to read that some of the other guests did not adhere the age limit of the soft play, I will be sure to pass this onto the Saxon Centre Manager to review.

Please let us know what we can to do to turn your 1* review into a 5* experience in the future. If you did want to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01424 427891 or alternatively email me directly jade.walker@bourne-leisure.co.uk.

Thank you again for your feedback it really is so important to us.

We hope to welcome you back to Combe Haven very soon. If you did want to book a say with us this year or next, give us a call directly and we can apply a returners discount for you.

combehaventripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We wouldn't usually stay on a caravan site like this, but price, location and availability just happened to work for the places we wanted to go to. We were very pleasantly surprised. The caravan was very clean and well presented, the en-suite was a nice surprise, the facilities on the park were good and the swimming pool was clean and quiet.

Our caravan had a parking space and was on the edge of the park so perfect for us, but this was probably luck rather than judgment and as some caravans don't have parking and are closer together we would recommend phoning and asking for these facilities.

The location was great for Hastings, Eastbourne, Battle, Dungeness and Brighton is only an hours drive.

We did have an issue with electricity in the caravan but it was quickly sorted. The staff were all excellent, friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback regarding your experience at Combe Haven Holiday Park.

I am pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised and found your Holiday Home to be clean and well presented.

I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer on park.

We do accept special requests in terms of the location etc., although these are not a guarantee we do always try our very best to meet all our guests requests.

We really are so lucky to be situated so close to all the local towns have to offer, I am happy that you were able to make the most of it.

I do apologise that you encountered some problems with the electric in the Caravan, however I am pleased that we were able to rectify this promptly.

What a pleasure to read such lovely comments about the Combe Haven team, they all do strive to provide a warm and welcoming environment for all out guests and owners. I will be sure to share this with them.

If you did want to come and stay with us again in 2018 or 2019 we can apply a returning discount for you. Give us a call directly before October 2018 and we apply this for you.

We hope to welcome you back to Combe Haven soon.

Combehaventripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Oh dear,where to start? After a poor experience 2 years ago we were advised to call in advance of any further visits to ensure a perfect stay.Well i did this and got a great caravan in an excellent location near The Saxon centre(more on that later).So far so good apart from finding the 2 bins and the mop bucket full of past residents rubbish.However the caravan was clean throughout and was well layed out.
Other positives were the pool facilities and staff, actually the staff thoughout the park were excellent.
Now lets talk about the Saxon centre,a place that we loved to visit with the kids.The soft play has been replaced with a similar sized soft play area,all arcade games have vanished and no one goes there,in fact so few people go there we were asked to leave at 10pm so they could close as it wasnt worth keeping it open.Again though all the staff were so friendly and helpful.
And finally the lowlight by a huge margin,The Mash and Barrel,my word what a joke,not the service or the serving staff but the quality of the food.Cold peas,tastless fish,cremated kids burgers and missing ingredients that the chef hoped we wouldnt notice were missing!
Thank you Scott the manager for trying to smooth over the poor meals with free desserts,but the damage was done.Will never eat in the Mash and barrel again.
P.S. dont order the apple crumble with a thimble of custard

3  Thank elliott s
Combe H, Holiday Experience at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Combe Haven Holiday Park.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a great stay with us 2 years ago. Thank you for letting us know prior to your recent arrival at Combe Haven.

I am pleased that you were happy with you allocated Holiday Home, and found it to be clean and well layed out. Although I really do apologise that the bins and mop bucket had not been emptied. I will ensure that this is passed onto the Accommodation Manager to address with her Team.

What a pleasure to read such amazing comments about the Team. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. They will be thrilled, as am I.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the The Saxon. We have received a lot of positive feedback regarding the new refurbishment, however I will be sure to pass on your feedback about the Arcade Machines and the size of the Soft Play Area.
There are certain times in which the park as a whole is a little bit quieter and so in turn The Saxon will also be a little quieter than usual to.

I do apologise that you were not happy with the quality of food served in the Mash and Barrel restaurant. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the Mash and Barrel Manager to review.
Scott, however will be delighted to have been mentioned personally.

I would just like to take the time to thank you again for leaving some feedback, it really is invaluable in helping us to improve the park and the experiences our guest have when they choose to Holiday with us.

If you did want to come to stay with us again, booking directly before the end of October 2018 enables us to apply a returning discount for you. This can be apply to holidays for this year and next.

I really do hope that we will see you and your family again.

Combehaventripavisor@haven.com