“Cheap and cheerful pizza and pasta”
Review of Donatello

Donatello
Ranked #78 of 1,194 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Provides good value and friendly service. Food is nothing special, just average Italian. Can get very busy but well organised with friendly staff.
Ok for a quick pizza, go somewhere else for a special night out.

donatello-brighton, Public Relations Manager at Donatello, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your review; we are glad you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,399)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

If you want a good value well cooked meal with masses of choice this is the place for you. Donatello has been around for a long time their menu is extensive, great fast service. Superb for busy Christmas shopping days.

Thank you for your review; we are glad you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Plus points of this restaurant it's big, can accommodate large groups, it's cheap, menu is large
Negative points because it's so big it gets very noisy when full, it's cheap and that is reflected in the food, menu is too large for any of the food to be a good standard- cut back and work on improving signature dishes.
Overall average, bland, service a little slow.
This restaurant is really not worth the queues out the door. Last ate here 10 years ago and it was the same then. Give this a miss and go somewhere better in Brighton

2  Thank brightonbelle2015
donatello-brighton, Public Relations Manager at Donatello, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us but we will take your comments on board.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My pal and I visited for Dinner Despite the fact they were busy a table was found Food good as was the banter with the staff

Thanks so much for your comments; it was great to see you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This was a spur of the moment choice on my birthday as I have to have gluten free and really fancied pizza. There was a good choice of pasta or pizza plus some starters. My husband ordered a normal pizza and his looked divine.... my gluten free one.... not so much. I also can’t eat cheese so I asked for extra peppers which they did add. The base was ok, a bit bland but my pizza was half the size of his and didn’t have much pepperoni on it compared to his. I think the base must have been a frozen one. So I have to admit I was slightly disappointed. However my husband said his pizza was really good and it certainly looked it. I did enjoy it and would probably make this 3.5 for my pizza but the service was great and it’s a lovely, pleasant restaurant right by the lanes so I’ve given it a 4.

Thank you so much for your review and your comments, which are really useful to us. We do hope we can see you again another time.