“Breakfast at Browns!”

Price range: US$26 - US$65
Cuisines: European, British, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blending European brasserie dishes and timelessly elegant surroundings, Browns Bar and Brasserie Brighton champions an informal yet refined concept. Renowned for indulgent twists on classic comfort food recipes, Browns has offered trademark favourites since 1973, as well as choices from the specials board or the market fresh fish of the day. Showcasing striking design features and historic or listed buildings, Browns restaurants are a refined yet relaxed dining spot, at any time of the day.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Breakfast menu - avocado & scrambled egg......Fantastic food & service - thanks Lawrence, you made our morning! Lovely place

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! Mozza74, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to Lawrence,
Hope to see you soon around.
Kindest regards
Browns Brighton team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Went in for a meal on Friday March 23rd and it was amazing the service the food everything our waiter Laurence was wonderful we were so impressed we went back on Saturday for afternoon tea

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Ann B, thank you so much for your positive comments about Browns Brighton! Thank you again for leaving us this response!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I booked at table to celebrate my birthday with some friends. I have been to browns many times in the past, usually for celebrations as I have thought so highly of the place.

It took an hour for our drinks to arrive. When ordering our drinks, the waiter looked confused, suggesting he didn't know the menu properly. We were ordering cocktails but I certainly didn't get what I had asked for.

As it was my birthday celebration, I had a voucher for a bottle of prosecco. He said he would come back and sort it out but never did. We asked another waitress but she rudely said she wouldn't serve us and we would have to wait to be served by the original waiter.

We must have been waiting for 2 hours until we got served food. I had to get up and find my waitor (as he never came to check on the table) to ask how much longer the food would be.

I ordered the Steak and Guinness pie and was expecting it to be infused with bone marrow rather then an unsightly fatty bone being stuck in the middle of my pie.
My friend pasta was cold and prawns in the pasta were grey, suggesting they were still raw. After waiting for 2 hours for food she was too hungry to send it back.

I never received any acknowledgment or apology.

I was planning on staying longer for desserts and more cocktails but we couldn't have asked for the bill faster.

It is such a shame, as I have always loved coming here. After this experience I will not be returning back, especially on a saturday, because they clearly cannot handle being busy.

1  Thank Nadia C

Hi Nadia C, we regret to hear that your recent experience was anything less than exceptional. Nadia C, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. When you have an opportunity, please reach out to us at 01273 323501 so we can try to restore your confidence in our business. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We booked Browns as part of a catch-up with friends. We went with Browns as the one in Birmingham which i have been to before was excellent. Food arrived stone cold for 3 out of 4 meals and portions were TINY. My mussels were stone cold (i see others have complained of this too), but were replaced. My partners duo or lamb was TINY and also cold, so swapped for a burger and a steak was really poor quality. My creme brullee for pudding was lovely, but 2 who had the banoffee pie really didn't enjoy it at all. Just so disappointed. HOWEVER - i cannot praise the staff enough. We had a hugely reduced bill, all the our complaints were dealt with with a smile and just the right level of banter throughout.

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Tanya,

Many Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit and I am sorry that we failed to deliver our high standard of food quality that we strive to achieve. If you would like to send me some further information (Date/Time of your visit) so I can investigate with my head chef I would be more than grateful. I've attached my contact details below. I am glad to see that the service was on point.

Kind Regards

James Plaskitt
browns.brighton@mbplc.com
01273 323501

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Ate breakfast at Browns Brasserie today. It was only average. Service was so slow - only one chap working the bar, taking orders, serving. But this was Ok as we were out early & not in any rush. Another table who arrived after us clearly were in a hurry & left without ordering.
Another waiter did arrive & service sed up a bit. But had a bit of a wait for coffee & our food. My avocado & feta on sourdough was nice enough, but not so nice that I'd rush back & order it again.
Sadly, Browns has been pretty hit & miss for us over the last few months.. today was definitely a miss...

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Bl0ndie72, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention we would investigate what happened so we make sure this doesn't happens again.
Kindest regards