2,801 results
All reviewstrain stationcar parksofa bedgood sizemodern hotelbuffet breakfastfamily roomsea frontreception staffwould stay againper dayexcellent staytown centregood nights sleepone night stayseafrontlaines
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were on family trip. We stayed at superior room for 3.

The room/hotel was clean, super location (very near to train station, walking distance to shops and mall and beach as well), simple and modern ambience.....and the most important, the hotel is next to Bellerbys College!

What more can we ask for!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Nice hotel, quite handy next to station. Staff were very good, very helpful and polite. Room was clean and comfortable. Mainly quiet apart from a few idiots outside. Had some food which was really nice in oddsocks, slightly pricey, but no more than other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2018

My friend and I arrived by train to Brighton and the hotel is basically just across from it so very very convenient. For this reason using this mode of transport I would consider this hotel again possibly although there are a few other hotels nearby. I would definitely not use it if arriving by car. Much more centrally located hotels than this.

The room itself was extremely nice, comfortable bed and very clean. If I am being very picky there was a minute chip in the bath.

The outside noise was so bad so don't believe the room could have been soundproofed. Traffic nearly all night and could actually hear the announcements from the station so I did not sleep at all well. If asked would have told reception but no-one asked if we had enjoyed our stay which I thought was very poor.

Breakfast was ok. reasonable amount of choice but food and drink were not being replenished and it was not that we arrived at the end of 'service' it was about 9.00am and service closed at 11.30 on Saturday. Had breakfast 2 days and both times orange juice was practically empty and remained this way for quite some time. Only one 'station' of hot food. Three of the I think it was 7 were empty for quite some time and there was not the staff around to ask. Tables were not being cleared quickly either. We had breakfast included for one night but on the day of arrival we paid an extra £10.00 each. Whether we could have found something better for the price outside I do not know but was convenient.

Think if I was coming down by train I would consider this hotel again but there was at least one other close by.

One other tip if you can and are just stopping overnight do as we did and came down on Friday. Price was at least halved by not staying the Saturday.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room and hopefully you will get it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Lovely room, modern 60s retro decor..should have been great. But dinner horrible slimy mash and sausages and dry pizza. .TV remote did not work and taciturn reception staff whom I had trouble understanding.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in early June. Beds very comfortable with choice of pillows. Air con didn't work for duration of stay. Breakfast good but ran out of bagels who a couple of days. Evening meaks served in Oddsockd but are out a couple of nights

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
Kelly L, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear MommaP2014,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that overall you had a good stay with us

The team and I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Kind regards