All reviewsbreakfast traycomplimentary snacksparking permitthe check in processroom keyshort walk from the pierextra pillowsbiscuitsbig bathroomcomfy bedearly checkthe ground floorperfect locationsingle roomhighly recommend this hotellast minute bookingkemp town
Reviewed 19 November 2017

The surf hotel was a lovely stay, the bed was nice and soft and comfortable the room was tidy and clean, the complimentary was good, will definitely stay at the surf again in the summer, we didn't meet jeremy this time but hopefully next time we will :-)

Room Tip: Nice and cosy
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrightonSurf, Owner at Brighton Surf Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Duncan & Paula,

Many thanks for your lovely review, your very positive feedback is much appreciated.
It was my pleasure and I look forward to being of service some time in the future.

Please contact me directly for best offers or if there is anything I can help you with.

Finally, please allow me to wish you, your family and friends a wonderful Christmas and all the very best for 2018.

Take care & very best regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2017

What a great place ! Close to the city center and the beach, this hotel is amazing. I went here on holiday with a friend. We were given the room in the basement, with its private entrance, which looked fantastic. Very spacious room and bathroom, a bed so comfortable that you don't want to get out of it, a massive tv, a mini-fridge inside the room and finally, a lovely breakfast tray filled everyday by the staff.
Close to the Brighton Pier, the hotel is located in a quiet street, which makes it easy to sleep, and the area feels safe.
Jeremy is very friendly and always ready to help. The self check-in system works perfectly well.
We will definitely come back to this hotel !

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
BrightonSurf, Owner at Brighton Surf Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello Alice,

Many thanks for your wonderful and descriptive review. I really appreciate your feedback and maximum rating.

May I wish you all the best and thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Take care,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Everything about Brighton Surf was excellent. Very easy check in process, the tray of food and drinks worked well for us as we wanted to sample as many different cafes and restaurants as possible. Also the option of being able to have a lie in and not worry about meeting the breakfast slot worked extremely well. We had Halloween themed chocolates left for us on the Saturday night and all agreed it was a nice personal touch :)
Our room (3) was extremely comfortable although the bathroom was a little cosy for my build it was still immaculately clean and soaps / shampoos were complimentary and replenished each day if required.
Nothing was too much effort for Jeremy who was quick to respond to any questions we had.
Another nice touch is discount vouchers for the nearby restaurants / cafes so be sure to look out for them in the entrance hallway.

Anything bad to say? Only that we had to leave so soon. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Room 3 was our room, very comfortable. If you want to go a bit upmarket then Room 9 is very spacious and has a massive bathroom !
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your 'EXCELLENT' review and maximum rating.
This is so important and I really appreciate you taking the time to let everybody know.

Thanks again to both of you, and I hope you'll choose Brighton Surf the next time you're in Brighton.

Please contact me if there is anything I can help you with.

Take care & best regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here twice on this trip having read the reviews of previous visitors knew what to expect. The Brighton Surf has developed the concept of self check in and it works well. I hardly saw a person in my nine day stay but who cares everything worked well. It was easy to contact them if needed and i got my preferred cereal (not coco pops!!!). Has everything you need for a good stay and you don't pay through the nose!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank helloAdelaide

Dear Robert,

Many thanks for your very nice review and positive feedback. The maximum score is also very much appreciated.
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure to be of service

Thanks again, and I hope you'll choose Brighton Surf the next time you're in town.

Please contact me if there is anything I can help you with.

Take care & very best regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I stayed here recently for two nights for work, and found it adequate. I was staying in room 5, which is advertised as being a small double, and is indeed extremely small. I struggled with the shower, which was teeny and which took a long time to heat up, and with getting around the room, which was a little awkward. The room itself was a little dingy, but had lots of power sockets and a comfortable bed. The check-in process, where you receive codes to enter the building and to access your room key, was very straightforward. The location is good - just off the seafront and just about walkable from the station. I didn't like that there wasn't proper breakfast provision, just some cereal boxes left in the room, but this is more a matter of personal taste. Overall, I'd stay again if I needed to, but would try to avoid the small room.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank ChristineNiC
BrightonSurf, Owner at Brighton Surf Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Christine,

Many thanks for your review and positive feedback.

The room is a small double, I totally agree, but the interior is presentable, clean and a matter of taste.
Brighton Surf is a Guest House and doesn't provide any meals, but in place the hot/cold drinks and snacks are a compliment to make your stay more comfortable.

If you would like to return, as mentioned, then yes have a look at our website for other rooms as we have a variety of options.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Take care & best regards,