“Seafood at it‘s best!”

Ranked #35 of 1,309 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$16 - US$78
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our original Brighton Lanes Oyster Bar is lit by candlelight and features tiled walls and high tables and stools. You will be seated side-by-side, allowing for a focus on casual dining and ambience. We have fresh daily specials and catch of the day on offer. Our open kitchen adds to the experience of The Lanes, allowing you to watch your food being prepared. Our marble topped tables act as the perfect setting for grazing on local seafood and enjoying a chilled glass of Champagne. Strictly no reservations.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We eventually dropped in this little hidden gem of a restaurant and had a perfect seafood dinner.
Starters were oyster (catch of the day from Jersey at very reasonable price) and clam chowder. Mains were Keralan fish curry and seafood linguine, both very delicious. Staff is very attentive and friendly. We even were invited for a grappa together with our coffee. We spent GPB 80 including ine bottle of wine and tip.
Absolutly recommended!

1  Thank Martin V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

It was the first time we visited this resturant, we had passed by in the past but decided to try it.
The waiter, Harry D was really helpful, explained the menu to us as we only wanted oysters. He told us all about the different textures & where they came from. We had 6 rossmore oysters, with mixed cold toppings, with a nice glass of wine & bottled beer. They tasted fantastic. The price was very reasonable. We had bread & dips while waiting & the mackeral pate was amazing. We was able to watch the chefs cooking as we sat outside. you could see how clean they worked & how well they worked together, pleasure to watch. We will defiently be back but for a full meal next time.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

A friend told us to go there for the best fish in town. Boy, was he right! We couldn’t fault the experience at all, food was delicious and also the service was great even though we got served by 3 different waiters, all very helpful and smiley.
Don’t pass up on the dessert though, we had a tiramisu that almost made my friend weep tears of joy. Came second only to one I had once in Italy.
We both work in hospitality so we can be quite picky on everything when we dine out but this ticked all our boxes. I can’t wait to come back.
This place has the perfect combination of laid back ambiance and service and the food is to die for! Keep up the good work guys

Reviewed 10 July 2018

When we arrived at the restaurant it was quite noisy and I wondered if we made a mistake eating there.
Laura looked after us, made us welcome and was very friendly.
They make a cover charge for bread (delicious) and some wonderful dips - so we didn't have a starter. The Seafood Linguini was excellent as was the wine.
We returned the next night and Mussels served Mariniere for main course. This time it was Natalie who looked after us really well. She recommended an excellent red wine not listed on the wine - which was perfect.
The tables seat eight people so we sat opposite a couple who were very friendly. They often dine there and enjoyed the experience as much as we did!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I like the high seats and canteen style arrangement of seating. I've eaten here a few times and always enjoyed it but this time was a little different. I love fish stew and often make my own so I was expecting something great. OK, the clams were a little over cooked so I didn't care that there weren't many, the mussels were ok, but again, not many of them. The white fish I did not care for at all. The waitress didn't know what it was and didn't come back to tell us. I think it was huss and it was strong and unpleasant. The main problem for me was the sauce; A thin and soapy dish water that did not taste like fish at all, the main flavour being tomato. I was GREATLY disappointed especially as this is high end prices. They did, however, have gluten free blinis, which came thick and fast. We shared a starter of smoke salmon, mackerel pate and the oddest dip, horseradish. As a condiment yes, but as a main dip? NO. Tons of the stuff. The risotto was ok. Be a while before I go back though.

ManagerRF, General Manager at Riddle And Finns The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for the feedback of your recent dining experience with us at Riddle and Finns The Lanes,

It is very disappointing to hear you didn't enjoy the Bouillabaisse which is such a popular and loved dish.

I do apologise that the consistency was not there with your meal on this occasion as that is one of the things we are known for.

Just to let you know the fish a mix of bream, mackerel and gurnard and usually very flavoursome. Your waitress should of known what the fish was so again I apologise.

I would be keen to discuss this further if you can contact on the email address below.

Kind regards