“Decadent hot chocolate ”
Review of Choccywoccydoodah

Choccywoccydoodah
Ranked #12 of 35 Dessert in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Choccywoccydoodah are a dedicated team of artists, designers and chocolatiers who specialise in creating decadent, bespoke wedding cakes, chocolate birthday cakes and unique chocolate gifts.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Brighton especially to go this cafe and was not disappointed amazing.
Decadent hot chocolate is expensive at 9.99 but wow amazing. And worth it for the staff surrounds etc. Great memory thank.

Date of visit: April 2018
ChoccyCustService, Manager at Choccywoccydoodah, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello Rosiean
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Choccywoccydoodah .
Your input, and the feedback from all of our customers is vitally important to us and we always want customer expectations to be met and exceeded when visiting us.
We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly barbrighton@choccywoccydoodah.com

Georgia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had two hot chocolates and a slice of praline cake to share. The service is fantastic, the location and decor great as is the ambience. The hot chocolate is nice, however, the choccie cake was only above average and have had better. Deserves the rating but at nearly £14 it is a definite one off treat!

Hello Gary
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Choccywoccydoodah .
We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly on barbrighton@choccywoccydoodah.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I always drop by when in Brighton but it’s usually a quick visit to see the new cakes ok display. I’m a big fan of Choccywoccydoodah but the products are expensive so rarely buy anything. Only ever been in the cafe part when they had the old shop before it’s busy.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I visited here on a hen party for afternoon tea, the seating area is quite small and we did have to sit on multiple tables but the staff were fantastic, extremely friendly and good fun and definitely added to the atmosphere.
The food was incredible! There was so much of it and when we wanted to take goodie bags away they brought out more for us to fill them up! Obviously there was a lot of chocolate as there is supposed to be but it was broken up with honeycomb and popcorn and strawberries and lots more to add variety. We had a fantastic time here and really enjoyed the experience. I would definitely go back although maybe in a smaller group next time!

Date of visit: February 2018

Hello Ema S
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Choccywoccydoodah .
We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly at barbrighton@chocccywoccydoodah.com

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My partner has always wanted to visit this establishment and we always had it down as a definite place to go.

We did the 300 mile trip down to Brighton to experience Brighton as a city but mainly to visit this shop/cafe with quite exciting imaginations. Brighton itself is rather nice, tons of homeless and graffiti but lots of nice little bars and cafes all over.

On arrival at Choccy it looked rather like we imagined from outside. Quite a premium smart look with windows full of decorated cakes. Inside it had a good selection of chocolates and eggs but I thought they were rather over priced. We didn't buy anything because of the prices.

We walked upstairs to the cafe and it wasn't clear where you could and could not sit. The caged garden looking area is clearly a no go as we saw some people being asked to leave.

The cafe itself is very small and full of various weird chairs and stools. It was not what we expected. It looked quite dirty and when we sat down the tables were indeed sticky.

We ordered two different cakes and when they came I was quite disappointed. It was dry and slightly weak tasting. It's not fresh and soft as you expect.

I think we didn't want to ruin the whole experience so we just paid and left.

I know it sounds quite bad but I won't be in a rush to return and would quite happily be honest and explain to others what its really like.

Don't plan the trip just for this place. There's probably loads more places offering cakes better than this quality and for less.

Date of visit: April 2018
ChoccyCustService, Manager at Choccywoccydoodah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello BilboDabbins,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback, and for taking the time to inform us of your experience.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointed on your visit to Choccywoccydoodah. I would like to personally apologise to you, for not delivering the normal level of magic which Choccywoccydoodah is renowned for.

Please can you email me directly at barbrighton@choccywoccydoodah.com

Best Wishes