1,489 results
All reviews sea front west pier bay window one night stay town centre short break tea and coffee bandstand seafront
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days during a business trip at the beginning of September 2018. I was quite impressed with the pictures and reviews and booked up but found it to be rather dated upon arrival. I was lucky enough to have a sea view but the room was very basic and very dated and the Tv was not much bigger than an iPad. Shower room was modern ish. Don’t know what’s going on with the foundations of the building but the floors appear to be all to one side, kept sliding out the bed. Reminded me a little of faulty towers. Staff in the hotel were pleasant enough but the food wasnt great and the choice of lagers at the bar were a tad poor. Very Limited parking also in a very tight car park, bear this in mind as it can cost you around £12 to park each night across the street or £18 per night at the underground car park around 300 yards from the hotel

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Danny W
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Lovely afternoon tea with my mum and aunt with a view of the bandstand. Great selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes. Saleh looked after us so well and even gave my mum a complimentary drink for her birthday! Would thoroughly recommend and great value for money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank _sonigaffney
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed just one night on the 11/September 2018. I was in Brighton for a funeral so I wasn’t looking to splash out on somewhere more upmarket. I booked my single room on Hotels.com for £53.00 which was £6.00 cheaper than the hotels own website.

I arrived around 5pm and although there was nobody behind the counter at reception to greet me it was only a couple of minutes until the receptionist arrived. I was checked in quickly and given directions to my room on the 4th floor via the elevator.

The room was a good size for a single, with a side sea view and a very large shower room. The only window that I could open was in the bathroom. In the bedroom it was hot so I kept the door open to the bathroom otherwise it would have required me borrowing a fan.

The bed was comfortable with good quality bedding. The towels were good quality too. The furniture and the room in general is showing wear and tear but less than I had been expecting. A mini fridge in the room would help, as would an iron and board . The furniture needs up dating but is acceptable. Decent sized t.v and good WiFi. The room and bathroom were of a good standard of cleanliness. A nice touch was the complimentary tea, coffee, milk and cookies.

I took breakfast at 0830. I was seated quickly and offered a coffee (not s good coffee) and invited to help my self to bread and cereals which were ok but limited and not what I would call a continental breakfast buffet. I was then offered a choice of menu items so I chose the traditional English breakfast with poached egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, baked beans and fried bread. It was fine but nothing special.

I would stay here again depending on the room rates. I had read some bad reviews which worried me. But I needn’t have worried as it was ok but maybe I was lucky with the room I got especially after viewing some other travellers photos.

I left my suitcase there for no extra charge whilst I went off to the funeral.

Trip type: Travelled solo
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Good Morning,
Thank you for leaving your review of your recent stay with us. I hope the funeral went as well as can be expected.

I am pleased to read that you found us to be value for money.

Should you need a fan or an iron and ironing board we do ask that you contact reception, but i think you would have done that anyway.

We hope to see you again at some point in the future - hopefully under happier circumstances.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed for 2 nights. Small double room which was adequate for what I wanted. Breakfast was good but wasn't offered toast. Two main things which slightly spoiled my stay, the room was very warm even with the widow open. There is a lot of noise from the building site on Montpellier Road even on Saturday morning.

Room tip: Probably worth paying the extra for a sea view.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave you review.

We are pleased to read that you had a good stay.

I am sorry about the noise from the flats opposite the hotel - as far as we are aware they have only worked on just one Saturday so far so it was a bit unfortunate it was the same Saturday you stayed.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I was a bit worried after reading other traveller reviews, however my experience of The Brighton Hotel has been nothing short of excellent.

The room is spacious, light and spotlessly clean. The bed comfortable. The bathroom is modern and functional

Tea, coffee and biscuits available, and a large modern tv.

The breakfast service was excellent, the waiter attentive, and my English breakfast arrived within 10 minutes, and was tasty and plentiful.

A great experience which has set me up for a positive day’s work

Trip type: Travelled on business

Good Morning Michael T,
Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay with us.

Myself and the team are so very pleased that you had a great experience and we hope to see you again in the near future.