“I always worth a visit when you're in town”
Review of Fabrica

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fabrica
Ranked #53 of 112 things to do in Brighton
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Fabrics is an arts venue and over the years I have seen some excellent exhibitions, films, events and installations.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

You have to look it up - not always open, as works are being created - but some unusual artist exhibits at this venue, which was the old Wesleyan church, so a dramatic space. I saw 'The Commensurate Banner' there, which a statement in photos of wars everywhere. Heart breaking and a strong stomach needed. I saw some performance art there and other interesting displays. Good to add to your list of things to do when you visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

My daughter hired this venue for her wedding reception. Not a place that has many receptions held there. We had to decorate the venue ourselves. We had full use of the fridges to store the evening buffet food and they had a bar.
Stacy who we met beforehand and runs the place could not do enough for us. He helped with all the setting up and with all the taking every thing down. Staff were hired for waiting on the tables serving the dinner food, which we had brought in from as they do not have cooking facilities. Stacy was on hand all afternoon and evening.

It was a magical place to have a reception.

1  Thank pamela w
Reviewed 11 August 2015

I love this gallery and have seen so many unusual and challenging installations here all housed in a beautiful Regency church - don't let the Victorian Gothic exterior fool you, luckily they didn't mess up the inside too much!

The fact that it is so easy to drop in whilst in town and going about your business is fantastic and is a welcome haven of calm and contemplation.

I believe it is a must visit gallery for locals and visitors alike.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2015

The gallery transforms itself depending on which exhibition it is showing. I have seen some intriguing work during the Brighton festivals, you never know what to expect, it's been an incredible display of colour co ordinated shirts one year and people tweeting bird sounds the next!