“Well worth a visit and the staff went that extra mile for me.”

Brighton Museum and Art Gallery
and up
Full Day Tour to Brighton From Oxford
Ranked #10 of 172 things to do in Brighton
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I happened to have a free half day in Brighton a few weeks ago and decided to visit this museum. I had a very enjoyable couple of hours in there and found one particular document in the Brighton and Hove Albion F.C. section, which was there at the time, especially interesting. I emailed the museum a few days later to find out whether I would be able to obtain a copy of it for my own reference. They replied the next day saying that that document, along with many others, would be available to download from the website in about 5 weeks time at the close of that particular exhibition. I received an email today with a link to the page and was able to download the document.

Particular thanks must go to a Mr Dan Robertson who responded to my enquiry.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

A somewhat quieter venue than the Pavilion, but set in the same gardens and in fact the old stables. An unexpected exhibition of 20th Century design was quite superb - including many exquisite items of furniture. A feature was an original 'Mae West Lips' sofa designed by Dali, but there are gems from so many 20th century designers, with informative labels.
If you go soon the temporary exhibition featuring paintings from John Constable's time in Brighton is also superb.
Take advantage of the combined deal with entry to the Pavilion - don't miss this gem.

1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

If I had relied on the responses of the staff on reception I would probably have given this museum a miss. When I enquired as to what art work was on display they could give me very little information and it did not inspire me to go in. Before leaving, however, I 'googled' the museum and what I discovered on its website inspired me to go in. I am glad I did! There was a great deal of interesting exhibits, including some excellent paintings by well known artists, e.g. Gainsborough, Zoffany, Constable (temporary) etc. Well worth a visit. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We visited using the combined ticket purchased at the Pavilion intent on just seeing the special John Constable exhibition. However several of the permanent galleries are very good indeed. We particularly liked the modern furniture with examples from most of the classic C20 designers.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We visited to view the Constable exhibition which was fantastic. You have to walk through some of the museum to reach the temporary ones and there is a fantastic amount to see in here from art deco to theatre props. It may be small but it is perfectly formed and being next to the Pavillion the building itself is also interesting.

2  Thank Nicola81677