I only stayed at this hotel for one night but I was impressed!
I literally went to the hotel on the day with no booking and they had a room for me! I didn't know what kind of room I was going to get, the room cost me £40 for one night and when I got to my room I was over the moon! Room 122 faces the sea, with a massive window that boasts a fantastic view of the sea, the pier and the Brighton wheel! The location is probably my favourite part of the hotel.
My only critisims of the hotel would be as follows -
1. Very very small lift! A bit clostrophobic when you use it, so after using it to take my bags to and from my room I didn't use it, and instead used the stairs
2. No disabled access. The hotel itself is a very typical Victorian townhouse building as are many of the hotels in Brighton, and has stairs going up to the main entrance. I certainly would not like to attempt the stairs with a wheel chair or a buggy! Even if you did manage the stairs outside, it wouldn't surprise me if buggys or wheel chairs couldn't fit in the lift.
3. This is a very little thing but the shower is fantastic, good and powerful and easy to use, however a little mould between the tiles at the bottom. I know that this is a hard thing to tackle, but would make a difference to the appearance!
4. But I think my biggest issue was this - the massive window that had the fantastic view was made out of wood and there was evidence of wood rot. Also the window itself was just single glazed so there was a bit of noise from the road outside. It didn't wake me in the night, but is still not something I really want to hear! Another issue of single glazing is that when I was there the weather in the morning was pretty awful, we are talking rain wind the lot, and the window lost a lot of heat, despite turning up the radiator full blast I was still cold! I think it wouldn't be a problem in the summer, but in the winter dig out the jumpers!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your New Madeira Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.