1,049 results
All reviews diana dors pin up parlour themed rooms record player rock and roll mirrored ceiling dolly parton star wars curly wurlys cloud cuckoo land love room rough trade quirky hotel sunken bath leopard print fun hotel round bed
Reviewed 23 September 2018

My girlfriend and I booked the Pin-Up Parlour room back in March 2018 as an anniversary treat, and stayed there in September 2018. We arrived at the hotel at 1:45pm with the hopes of leaving our bags at reception whilst we waited for our 3pm check-in. Luckily for us, our room was ready and we were allowed to check in over an hour early!
(Quick note - Jen at reception is such a sweetheart. Very professional and welcoming and lovely to chat to. Thank you Jen!)
Our room was stunning. A few little bits here and there that may have needed attention (mainly wallpaper and linings in drawers), but that didn't deter from how beautiful the room is. The addition of a Curly Wurly with our cups of tea was a very sweet touch! The room was just the right temperature and was very cosy, ensuring that a good nights sleep was had.
The room had such a lovely atmosphere and was the perfect place for me to propose to my girlfriend (she said yes - thank goodness for that!).
Breakfast was served from 8am-10am, with a variety of choice. I had a delicious toasted bacon sandwich and an elephant-shaped teapot full of tea. There was a little bit of a wait as there were lots of people waiting for their brekkie, but the staff ensured you were comfortable and had everything that you needed whilst waiting.
Location-wise, it's perfect. The hotel is right down by the coastline, with everything within walking distance.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're after something a bit different to your usual hotel. We'll absolutely be staying here again!

Room tip: Each room has a different theme, don't pick Star Wars if you're on a romantic getaway!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Great location, we did everything by foot. from the room we can see the sea front. Perfect breakfast, lovely room, we enjoyed everything. The host gave us good advice to go out on Monday and tuesday night. It was really nice ! The decoration is fabulous. We loved all the painting in the breakfast room. Totally recommend this place !

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amandine P
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Excellent Hotel with quirky rooms throughout. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing. The only downside is the very expensive NCP parking, but that is not the fault of the hotel where it is situated.

Room tip: If you are into the Mods (e.g. The Jam, Lambretta's etc.) Modraphinia Room - won't say anymore and spoil it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

My sister and I spent a night in the “pretty vacant” room and adored it’s design and craziness! Great themed hotel, wonderful cocktails and super breakfast. Very helpful staff, my sister won’t forget her 60th birthday treat for a long time!! We will return x

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay at this quirky hotel in a good location just off Brighton seafront. The decor is amazing, the staff are friendly and it’s good value for money. I stayed in the Do Knit Disturb Room But all rooms are themed. It’s 10 minutes walk from the Brighton Centre so a great place to stay if you are seeing a show. I loved it.

Trip type: Travelled solo