“Great restaurant ”

The Old Bank Steak & Ribs
Ranked #47 of 1,320 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Bank Steak & Ribs Restaurant is a great place for family and friends to enjoy freshly prepared delicious and good quality steaks, pork ribs, fresh fish, burgers, vegetarian meals and salads. The kids menu has a good choice of fresh meals including a drink and ice cream for £5.95
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

My fella and I stopped here for a quick meal before going to an event in town. I found it after a Google search. I had half a rotisserie chicken with salad and my fella had haddock & triple cooked chips. Both were delicious. Our waitress was Veli, who was friendly and efficient. When we return, and we will, it will be when we have nowhere else to go so we can really tuck in!! Lovely feel and atmosphere.

1  Thank BubblesL0ng0

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We went here owing to good accessibility for an electric wheelchair initially, but we had a super meal on Saturday night. Two of us had 10oz sirloins, one had fish & chips and one had ribs. Each was delicious, steaks juicy, chips were crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle! Ribs, were apparently the best ribs ever. We will defo return. Serving staff were very helpful and friendly. I finished the evening with a Brandy Alexandra cocktail- my first ever one, it was lush xx

1  Thank alim90
Reviewed 27 October 2018

We were craving a steak in a place with a great and chilled vibe so the obvious choice was the Old Bank. To our delight we were presented with a cocktail menu when we sat down and got stuck in. They were delicious!
We shared several starters - the hot wings, the scampi and some cheesy garlic bread - all very yummy!
Two of us had the steak and ribs - which was incredible. Our friends had the burger which looked fab. Looking forward to going back soon!

1  Thank Yum-ding-a-ling
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Went here as advertised as having good steak and ribs. Service was quick and friendly. Ordered two starters (garlic bread and chicken wings) both were not great and the celery on the chicken wings had not been washed so could not be eaten.
For mains we had rump steak and rack of ribs. Both were very good and chips were well cooked. Overall an average meal and would have been better if the starters had been of a better quality. Worth a visit for the steak and ribs. We used the 2-4-1 meals as a part of the 'Compare the Market' offer. Would have been disappointed if we have paid full price - especially for the starters.

Date of visit: October 2018
Stephen L, Owner at The Old Bank Steak & Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Hi, thank you for your compliments on Steak, Ribs and Service. That's why we're NUMBER ONE for steaks and ribs in Brighton & Hove!

Before commenting on the negative points, I have to say that I was taken aback by your '3' score on value for money as you had one of your meals for free!

Anyway, your starters. Apologies that you were disappointed. Your choice was good as these two are firm favourites and normally get great compliments. I passed your comments to Sandra, our chef.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and even better staff..Zoe, Sara,Alex, Veli...made the night. I’ll be back, thx for a great evening!

1  Thank EvaV1740