Hilton Brighton Metropole
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$106
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$161
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$112
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
4,717 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontbreakfast was excellentbrighton centreseafront
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I stayed at the Brighton Hilton this weekend just gone as part of a conference. I have to admit to being rather excited about staying in a Hilton but sadly I was left very disappointed and would not return.

Reception - This is a nice area, very clean and pleasant but they never had enough staff on to assist leading to long queues to even ask the simplest questions.

Room - As part of a conference it is entirely by chance what sort of room you were allocated. I was given a single room and I find it exceptionally amusing that the sort of room i was allocated does not appear on the website, frankly because Hilton should be ashamed. The room was tiny, not in itsslef a complaint with mismatched furniture from the 1970s. My room overlooked a back alley and tower block of flats and as a result i couldn't open the window as there were people walking and talking under the window all night long. The bathroom was ok, no attention to detail with cracked towels and i was only given 1 large bath towel (i checked the wadrobe but no additional towels anywhere). Upon my return i checked to see the rate of room i was given - at £89 per night it was unbelievable. A colleageu of mine stayed in a hotel two doors down - b&b for about £60 per night the night before and advised that it didn't even compare in quality.

Temperature - the whole hotel was boiling. Some reception staff advised there was no air con, others that it was broken. it was very umcomfoirtable.

Food - as part of a conference we were mass catered for so i won't go into too much detail about the fact that the hot tarts for lunch reappeared as the cold evening starter. However the next morning as i was enjoying my coffee i marvelled at the lipstick mark i had left on my coffee cup before realsing i hadn't put any lipstick on that morning!

Bar - the bar was actually really nice, clean and not at all shabby. However i g&t and opne vodka cranberry set me back £11.50 which is frankly absurd.

Conlcusion - Don't bother. This hotel is overrated, overpriced and there are nicer cheaper boutique hotels to be had.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank victoriaoliver2000
Reviewed 21 June 2008

My husband and our 16 year old son stayed here for one night in June. The hotel is in a great location (on the seafront) - 10 minute walk from the Pier. We had a family room which was big enough for the 3 of us. The rooms are more modern than the outside of the hotel. We dined in the restaurant but didn't think the food was that great - not a huge selection and everything was very bland. However, breakfast the following morning blew us away. It has everything you could ask for and more. The range and variety of food is just amazing. We've stayed in many hotels and this is by far the best breakfast we've ever had. Would definitely recommend and stay there again but would have dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2008

We stayed at the Brighton Hilton Metropole for a weekend in June 08. It is conveniently placed, towards the Hove end of the sea-front, within 15 mins walk of the station and 5 minutes from the main shopping area in Western Road. The front of the hotel overlooks the burnt-out remains of the historical West Pier. We had a family room towards the back of the hotel and although there wasn't a sea view, we were guaranteed a peaceful night's sleep away from the Hen and Stag night celebrations and people coming out of clubs near by.

I expected the hotel to be dark and Victorian but was pleasantly surprised. The room was basic but spacious and had been re-decorated. The bathroom however had not been renovated and was quite old with no blind at the window. The net curtains in the main bit of the room were brown and torn. There was also a tear in the duvet cover. 3 of us shared a room, with one double and one single bed. There was no mini-bar or fridge.

We had a special deal which involved a free dinner on the first night. This was adequate, but we were a bit disappointed to find it was a carvery, with a choice of beef or lamb. There were quite a few mix-ups, with the party next to us having their table completely cleared of all drinks etc while they were out of their seats at the carvery. The person showing people to their seats for breakfast was excellent at his job, remaining equally cheerful for everyone and explaining what there was to eat in detail. I had breakfast alone as the 2 people with me wanted to sleep-in. So it was amusing when the waitress pointed to the empty seat opposite me and asked what my husband would like to drink!

I thought I had done well to get a space in the hotel car-park. However when I came to check out, I found there was a charge of £14 a night.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2008

I stayed at the property on a Saturday whilst visiting friends in the city.
It is a grand old lady of a hotel with the expected dated parts that give it the charachter that you would expect in a Victorian puropse built hotel.
The public areas are very imprssive as is the service and attitude of the staff. I did not dine in the restaurant and therefore can not offer an opinion.
The rooms were fairly warm but no hotter that you would expect for the weather.
All in all a great hotel with a welcoming feel and a place I will definitely return to.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I stayed in the Hilton at Brighton on the night of the 7th of June.
With a friend, as we are both travel agents we got a brilliant price..which i wont say as people will get jealous! :)

Anyway as soon as we got the hotel the interior was very grand! the receptionist was lovely and helpful and dealt with our check-in in a professional manner.

We got into the room and it was absolutely fantastic! very spacious with a double bed and a single. the bathroom was spotlessly clean!
The view was rubbish, but for the amount that we paid, it was no bother at all. however i wouldnt blame anyone to complain if they payed a huge amount and got a view like we did.

We were also eliable for breakfast within the price which was very handy, the buffet breakfast was huge! and very forfilling. the staff were very professional aswell!

the location could not be anymore perfect! it was right on the seafront and only a few minutes walk from the bars and clubs. and generally the centre.
I would definitely stay here again! and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends