8,983 results
All reviews sea view lovely hotel birthday treat public areas one night stay enjoyable stay sea front car parking breakfast was excellent lovely room a lovely stay concierge gb1 doorman scaffolding grandeur staircase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a disappointment and we wished we had read some of the reviews before booking. Totally overpriced and the renovations have made no difference at all to the quality of the hotel. We paid over £400 for our room and left feeling we had been robbed! No plug sockets to charge your phone by the bed or to dry your hair in front of the mirror. No turn down service. Wardrobes too short for a dress. Curtains that didn’t fit the windows. Buckets (we counted 9) catching leaks. Lift not working for over two weeks. Queues to check in and check out. Dirty coffee cups at breakfast. I could go on and on. So disappointing. 1 star because I have to give a star and because the concierge/door staff were friendly. Sorry Grand Hotel - we won’t be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth L, Guest Relations Executive at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear LJH1961,

I read with great concern that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that you experienced some issues during your stay and thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I am aware that you had the chance to speak with our Duty Manager on your departure and discussed the issues that you encountered and I too would like to extend my apologies.

I am happy to read that you found our concierge friendly they are certainly great ambassadors for the hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I come here for a lovely surprise weekend with my partner, the ceiling is leaking, the lifts don’t work and to top it off, the spa facilities are unavailable for a Monday morning! We didn’t want any treatments just to use the facilities which are meant to apparently be available for all people that stay here. The women was rude and the manager was extremely unhelpful. I would recommend staying at the Queens Spa hotel in future, much more pleasant and accommodating. So disappointed with this hotel.

3  Thank charlierampton18
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Forgive me for going on, but the music was awful, as well as being too loud. Not to be able to comfortably converse with a companion sitting two feet away is uncivilised! (Isn't a minimum word count rather a strange condition!)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jeode2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A good hotel let down by breakfast. A tad pricey but the location was ideal for what I wanted. there is a good gay bar just behind the metropole, Come out of the grand and turn right past the metropole and right up the metropole side then sharp left.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Romer H

Dear Romer H,

We have shared your thoughts with our Restaurant Manager and I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the breakfast on offer.

We are delighted to read that you found the location ideal and thank you for your recommendation.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Its taken me a long time to review the Grand as i am so disappointed with the managements replies to the recent reviews on here. The last time we visited we could not fault anything. This time we spent a long weekend here and I wish we hadn't.
Our first room was noisy with the conditioning unit outside a window that would not close so we moved to another room (photos) show how neglected rooms have become after refurbishment.
The shower head was high, the water soaked the floor and it sat on the window ledge at the side of bath, bad design.
Also doors and floor boards were very noisy and 1 lift out of 2 was out of order throughout our stay.
Plus points were a great breakfast and service although coffee was quite bitter.
We had a very aggressive couple complaining to reception where police were called and matter was dealt with when they escorted the man out if the hotel but not what you would expect to see at the Grand.
We sighted the mouse 2 nights running in the lounge and was informed that vermin control was going to be called but reading the reviews sounded like they hadn't dealt with it. We showed them video footage too.
So on that note we will not stay there again when there are better hotels in the area. Sorry Grand hotel but you really need to read these reviews and listen to your paying guests.

1  Thank Denise A

Dear Denise A,

We are constantly refurbishing the property to ensure it meets with the expectations of our guests and I apologise if the bedroom let us down on this occasion and did not meet your expectations.

We have shared your comments and thoughts with the teams and I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast on offer and the service you received.

We take hygiene and cleanliness here at the hotel very seriously and our pest control team are resolving this matter.