“Breakfast ”
Review of Lost In The Lanes

Lost In The Lanes
Ranked #231 of 1,321 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Description: Lost offers an inspiring space for people who want delicious coffee and, nutritious, fresh food, served in a stylish setting.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Spotted this cafe whilst walking through the lanes, could easily have missed it but so glad we didn't, saved our visit for our last morning in Brighton.
I had the lost breakfast and I must say, it was gorgeous, fabulous ingredients and it showed. My wife had lost eggs which again looked and tasted gorgeous,
A special mention for the service, all done with a smile and very pleasant, also nice comfortable and clean setting with an open kitchen.
Not the cheapest breakfast I've ever had but certainly the best...
Definitely give it a go,

Date of visit: April 2018
ndemetri0u, Owner at Lost In The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Russell thank you for finding us and then taking the time to share your experience with this review. We glad you enjoyed your breakfast and hope to see you next time you visit Brighton.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Lost in Lanes for breakfast and we were impressed. The layout is stylish and the crockery is very contemporary.

The service was friendly and the food was delicious. We ordered granola and avocado on toast. The granola was homemade and full of fresh fruit and the whole dish had a wonderful texture. I am told the avocado on toast was equally delicious. Coffee was also excellent.

My only (very small) criticism is perhaps the tea could have been served in a pot. It looked impressive in the the little glass jug but it did loose its heat quickly.

Would come again!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

After walking through the lanes I came across this great little cafe and went in for a coffee and a light lunch , the oat milk latte was just perfect while I was waiting for my food, I opted for the smashed avocado dish with a poached egg and I wasn’t disappointed! The carrot chutney that accompanied it went very well and it was just enough to fill me up . The cakes and savouries on display all looked lovely and I will definitely be returning to sample them. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was spot on ! I’d recommend this outstanding cafe to anyone.

1  Thank Andrew R
ndemetri0u, Owner at Lost In The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hello Andrew. thank you for taking the time to post a review. As a new cafe we are so grateful when people take the time to do so and we are even more pleased when we have given them a lovely experience, it makes it all worthwhile! Come back again for those cakes!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We were hunting for lunch as 3 adults, 1 fussy 4 year old and a 9 month old. Stumbling upon Lost in the Lanes was a happy accident and turned into a satisfying delight! Two of us had the lemon and thyme chicken salad which was just delicious. A wonderful assortment of salads and really flavoursome chicken. The Beef Hash went down a storm with a gherkin side. Fussy 4 year old had dippy eggs with buttery toast and was in seventh heaven with his brownie. The Blood Orange loaf was yummy too. There is a great selection of drinks and some really delicious looking treats - some with a healthier twist. Can't fault it. Just wish we didn't live 250 miles away or I'd move in!

Date of visit: February 2018
ndemetri0u, Founder at Lost In The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hello Kate
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family. We hope next time you are in Brighton that you look us up again. Say hello to Chester!
with thanks from the LOST team. xx

Reviewed 14 February 2018

we were in Brighton at the weekend. We came across this cafe/bistro and were certainly not disappointed. we were greeted warmly and shown to a table. My husband had the sourdough toasted bread with poached egg hollandaise sauce(he said it was the best poached eggs he had had) i have a sweet tooth so i tried the chocolate orange vegan cake it was delicious. we also had a couple of coffees which were lovely. The toilets were very clean which is always a good sign in my eyes( if the toilets spotlessly clean the kitchen will be too). When we come back to Brighton in may we will try the breakfast

Date of visit: February 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your review about our little Cafe. So good of you to take the time to do this and we are so pleased that you had a great experience. we look forward to having you back again....The LOST breakfast is worth coming back for when you are hungry!
warm regards