All reviews continental breakfast was included sea front would stay again fresh fruit tea and coffee making facilities beds were comfortable fantastic location brighton centre full english stayed for one night regency duvet
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I stayed here overnight with some friends and admittedly I'm a bit fussy about accomodation. The hotel is set on a nice big square with a large green and great sea views plus three levels of underground parking (although stairwells reeked of urine).

Reception and stairwells looked nice and rooms had lovely high ceilings and chandeliers. Our room contained a single bed and a double bed - I slept in the double and found it to be no more or less comfortable than e.g. a Premier Inn bed. I slept like a log, although that was more due to the walk around Brighton and not the comfort of the bed. The pillows and duvet were thin but there were plenty of lovely white towels provided.

On closer inspection, two lightbulbs were out and the whole chandelier was very cobwebbed. The windows had very rickety old shutters that took some effort to open but the sea view was pleasant. Bathroom left a lot to be desired. I thought there was a moth in the shower so I didn't use it but my friend, who did use the shower, identified the moth as a mouldy piece of tape! Yummy. Everything in the bathroom worked OK but the walls were a dingy grey colour and had what I hoped were water marks on the wall, but I fear they were not. There was also an unsightly gap between the shower and wall filled with fluff and dust and the sliding door that separated the bathroom from the bedroom had gaps around it.

However, we were lucky to have a bathroom and ours friends had a shower but no toilet and so ended up using a bathroom on the landing. Breakfast was OK. My tea tasted a little odd and the cheese and ham were a bit plastic. However there was plenty of toast and cereals and juices. Staff were pleasant.

I don't think I would come back but it is OK for people on a budget and/or with low expectations.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank pro_extra
Reviewed 14 April 2011

What a shame that this hotel isn't a little bit better. We loved our beautiful regency room with ceiling to floor windows and extravagant curtains etc. The location is spot on and the service was very friendly. Would love to say I would go back but the en suite was really terrible - the shower didn't work at all with very intermittent trickles of hot water but mostly just cold. Also if you have children there is nowhere to go after they go to bed - so we ended up going to bed very early. We avoided the breakfast after reading previous reviews so can't commentl

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I had such high hopes for our what I thought was a mini luxury hotel break.
the building is lovely and the room itself fine, apart from the fact that the window on the ground floor suite ( I thought we had the Superior suit on the first floor with view, as it states that on the booking form) is frosted and faces a block of flats and wall.
Sooo dissapointed with the bathroom, cheap fittings from B and Q cracked sink and the loo sit lose, which wasent good as it is such a small fit if we have been overweight would never have been able to use it. My husband was annoyed as we paid £99.00 for this room, he asked the chap that booked us in if we had the right room, as the answer was yes ! he was told that it was because it was the weekend !!!!!! it would normaly be £45.00.......
having said that we had a good night out and I did sleep...possibly alcahol induced though.
I only realised it was continental breakfast after booking it, which I thought ok we stay in France a lot ..but as previous people have said the ham and cheese tasteless and would have expected fruit yoghurts etc... they need to up the game a bit as it could be good.
The general feeling was that the hotel and staff tired and you have to help yourself.
sadly would not recomend and will not return.
I would not normaly complain over picky things but we are not afluent and this was a little treat !!!!!!

Room tip: good location
Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ElaineNewbury
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Went with a friend & we shared a twin room for 1 night which came to £39 for the both of us, including breakfast! Bargin! The room was a good size, and clean & tidy. Theres a shower which is in the room & the doors are frosted - so it doesn't give a lot of privacy. The shower is quite small too! The toilet is further up the coridoor and is shared with a few other rooms.
This b&b is in a great location, about a 10min walk from the train station, 5mins from town centre & 10mins away from the pier and sealife centre.
All in all there may be 1 or 2 minor niggles but i feel it was denatly worth the money we paid.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2011

booked this hotel early for 3 nights arrived given keys looked at the number was not shown where to go found out 4 flights of stairs im asthmatic so a struggle for me room ok could be better next door to the bathroom could hear everbody going doors slamming breakfast well what breakfast plastic cheese and ham luke warm water for coffee kiddies pick and mix sugary cearals apple or orange juice that was all if you got there quick enough breakfast room no room to swing a cat in very small for the amount of guests staying young girl handling the bread with her hands not good when having breakfast to get up and make a drink etc young girl whips your things away before you have even started etc for the next lot of guests will not be going back said goodbye to the staff but got ingnored

Date of stay: February 2011