“18th Birthday Party Celebrations.”

Las Iguanas - Brighton Marina
Ranked #306 of 1,318 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Description: Las Iguanas is an adventure. You’ll discover new tastes, and fall in love with new favourites – and feel the warmth and welcome of South America.
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Went out for a meal with family last night to celebrate my son's 18th birthday.

We had to choose a venue that would suit everybody. My dad has a slight intolerance to wheat & I am the only vegan.

We decided to try Las Iguanas at Brighton Marina. The menu offers lots of choices for vegans as well as gluten free options.

My meal was delicious even though the picture of it is a bit of a mess. The dish I chose was called MOQUECA DE PALMITOS which consisted of butternut squash, palm hearts & spinach in a creamy coconut curry with red peppers, garlic & fresh tomatoes. It was served with onion rice & sweet plantain.

We were told when we arrived that some items on the menu had sold out but this wasn't a problem for any of us as there was still plenty to choose from. My son thoroughly enjoyed his fajitas.

The service was faultless & we were well looked after by our waitress. Unfortunately I can't remember her name but she mentioned that she usually works in the Gunwharf Quays restaurant and was in Brighton to help out just for that day. She was amazing!!!!

Can highly recommend.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for my birthday and we had been bowling. Table for 1730 on a Saturday. Very slow service. Took nearly an hour for starters to arrive despite only a handful of people in restaurant! They didn't have steak fajitas available despite being a staple for a Mexican restaurant! Husband was very disappointed. Children's meal was tiny and so my daughter shared mine. The only redeeming factor was the food was nice just took way too long! I was really looking forward to a birthday dessert but was unsure how long it would take to arrive so didn't bother. Such a shame as been to other locations and great experience.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

What a great atmosphere and service we got in this busy restaurant
The food choice is really good and reasonable prices 2 for 1 cocktails always goes down well
Our waiter was excellent and served us with a smile
Would recommend to all tastes as choice is Brazilian, Argentinian and Mexican can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Went to the restaurant at 8pm Saturday night. Took 30 mins to get drinks order served. Went to order off the menu and no steak available for the fajitas and one of the starters was unavailable.
It soon became apparent that people around us had been waiting 2 hours for their food, some tables had received some of their food and some had had none.
People started to walk out without paying.
We did stay as the waitress who served us did her upmost to get us served as quickly as possible.
Won't be going back there again

1  Thank Tony G
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Service too poor. Nobody cares the customers. The food came in more than 75 mins. I will never come again

3  Thank Mehmet K