2,444 results
All reviews cocktail bar chilli pickle open plan bathroom frosted glass door toilet door carousel room funky hotel tesco express superior room car park the penthouse floor to ceiling windows hotel bar dvd player north laine steam room central location
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel. My sister and I wanted a little break. And came across this gem of a hotel. Beautiful looking, decor is retro, staff lovely. Everything you need in your room. Including a mini bar. But no need to pay mini bar prices when they have a great bar. Right in the centre of cafes and restaurants and they even have underground parking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Adam R, General Manager at My Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Spent night in carasoul room. A visual wonderland and very good value. Excellent service from the amazin Marcin and Alex. Luscious room witht great aspects. Would highly recommended to any one wanting to experience the good life

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel!
It's always great to hear when people have such an enjoyable time with us and thank you for your lovely comments about Marcin & Alex.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last night and we were severely disappointed with the room, at £169.00 for their cheapest room for the night! There were no wardrobes, draws or bedside cabinets, just coat pegs in front of the mirror which meant you couldn’t use it! The furniture was well worn and marked, the bathroom was basic! Don’t be confused with the term boutique hotel, this was no better than one of the cheaper budget hotels! I felt ripped off and when discussing this with the reception staff they were not interested whatsoever. I strongly recommend you look elsewhere, I wish I did!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We've stayed in a lot of lovely hotels, but this is probably the worst ever. For the £125 price they charged one would expect a better level of comfort.
Ok, the décor wasn't to our taste (trying to be a bit futuristic and funky). I could forgive that, but not the grubby looking plastic floor and the space age style bed with an integrated bed side table which made getting in and out difficult. The bathroom did not have a door (though it did have a strange 'viewing hatch' into the bedroom so you could chat while cleaning your teeth!). More problematic was the frosted glass door to the toilet which didn't even close properly (think swinging backwards and forwards) and tinted glass door to the shower (which still provided no privacy). I will admit the shower itself was pretty good.
On the whole though, the room lacked any kind of comfort. It looked out onto a concrete wall. I couldn't wait to leave, but thought we had prepaid for breakfast (should be included for £125, surely).
Breakfast was 'served' in the cocktail bar, not really suitable for breakfast. A buffet was laid out of cereal, bread, pastries etc. But strangely, there were eggs that you then had to boil yourself! Never have I seen this, and I've been to a lot of hotels. When we checked out, they then charged £24 for the breakfast (for 2). I realised I had made a mistake and that the £125 didn't include breakfast, but I thought it was a ridiculous price and I would never have voluntarily chosen to purchase that substandard cook your own egg breakfast at such an inflated price. At that point I did complain about the room and breakfast being grossly overpriced, and they waived the breakfast charge.
Have given 2 stars rather than one because of the central location and the reception staff who dealt appropriately with our concerns.
They suggested we book the superior room rather than the standard next time. There will not be a next time!

1  Thank amandacH2089BI

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I appreciate our unique offering to hotel life isn't to everyone's taste, but I would like to apologise for the maintenance issues you encountered. We are in the process of refurbishing the bedrooms to ensure the product is looking the best it can.
I'm pleased to hear that the team addressed your complaint to your satisfaction upon checkout.
Should you wish to stay with us again, please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Amazing location, upgraded room from a double to superior for £20 on arrival. Tea and coffee facilities. Bathrobes. Modern rooms. Discount off cocktail bar and cafe next door. I read some reviews saying the homeless is terrible. There was one homeless man across the road sitting outside Tesco express and I seen one other the whole time I was there. Both very polite and did not Hastle. Hotel 5 mins walk from the beach, lanes and city centre. For the price compared to other hotels you cannot complain! In relation to parking yes it is on the very expensive side but we used the car park RCP on north street and hotel validated our token for 2 nights only cost £28. Much cheaper than hotel parking!! Oh if you are shy person hotel probs not best for you. As you can see from the shower it’s see through from the bedroom and also if you walk past the bathroom you can see through the toilet if the lights on. But you cannot see that from the bed! And I’m sure if anyone went to peak round that’s pretty strange anyway! Lol! So did not bother us! Would defiantly come back and stay here again! Staff and location 10/10.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel!
It's always great to hear when people have such an enjoyable time with us.
For any future bookings, please be sure to contact us direct. We hope to see you again very soon.