“Great lunch ”

Ranked #18 of 44 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: With Nina's farming background the heart to the Grove's menu is a wide offering, sourced locally direct from the producer to offer varied dishes with the ethos of something for everyone no matter what the occasion. We run both a hearty main menu and a specials board daily along with many weekly special event nights supported by the locals as follows: Wednesday Night - Pie and a Pint night £8.95 Thursday Night - Steak Night 2 for 1 Friday Night - 2 fish & Chips for £14.95
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch when passing through.
Pleasant staff and nice service.
Food plentiful with lots of flavour.
Varied menu.
Will call in if passing again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Selected this restaurant for my 30th bday. I can't thank the staff enough they ensured we were all ok throughout the evening all 15 of us received hot meals and fantastic service from from of house staff. Certainly wouldn't think twice about using this restaurant again next time.
Massive thank you to the whole team

Reviewed 6 March 2018

First time here. Will definitely come back. Food and staff are so good. Reasonable price, great portions and value for money. Rooms are clean, tidy and spacious.
Don’t miss this place if your in the area.

Experiences22, Owner at The Grove Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your review it is much appreciated and we are so pleased you joined us for your stay. Your feedback is much appreciated and really helps other find out how much of a gem the team are here! I am so so proud of Team Grove and it is so nice to see you enjoyed your time with us! Again thank you and I hope to see you again very soon.
Warm regards Nina

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to The Grove Arms since December and there's a reason we keep coming back! This pub has a lovely friendly atmosphere as soon as you walk in, not like some local pubs you visit.
We visited today for my father-in-laws' birthday and the food as previous was delicious. We had roast dinners, with three of our party going for the slow roasted lamb shank which was superb. The roast beef was amazing as were the vegetables served with the main courses.
However, the piece de resistance was my father-in-laws apple crumble arriving with a birthday candle in it and the staff singing Happy Birthday. It was such a lovely touch and just reiterates how much the staff care about the customers and how friendly they are. We will be back!

1  Thank Schnert80
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Stayed at the grove arms for two nights in Feb. Ate both nights on site. The do small plates for people like me who only want small meals but even those were large. I had the mid week roast and my husband had the steak and mushroom pie both were delicious. The following evening we had the steak which neither of us could finish but it was delicious with lovely crispy chips tomatoes onion rings field mushrooms and peas, everything tasted lovely and I would not hesitate to eat there if i was in the area

1  Thank Normasavory
Experiences22, Owner at The Grove Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Normasavory,

Thank you for your review in relation to your stay with us! I am so pleased you enjoyed your dining time with us and it is so nice to see people appreciating our smaller plates options for those who have a smaller appetite. Our team in the kitchen pride themselves on their work and it is fantastic to see feedback of this nature which they thoroughly deserve for all their hard work! Midweeks roasts are very popular - how can they not be with Sue's gravy!
Again thank you for your review and we hope you visit us again! Kind regards Nina