“Products aren't the same since changing suppliers”

The Celtic Kitchen Dorchester Ltd
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Dorchester
Description: We are solely a pasty shop and are pasties are supplied by Cornish premiere pasty , who have received gold and silver awards for there pasties over the past two years . They are genuine Cornish pasties and are certificates. We do have gluten free pasty that are supplied by g free at honiton Devon .
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I used to use the Celtic Kitchen constantly a few years back when I worked in Dorchester, too much in fact. But after a couple of years away, having returned to work in Dorchester I headed back to rekindle the same experience as before only to be disappointed.

The sausage rolls were nothing like they used to be, they seem to have way more pastry and less meat, I wouldn't return to be honest.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Have fabulous gluten free pasties which are indistinguishable from the regular pasties. My favourite is the spicy chicken which is simply mouth watering.

Date of visit: March 2018
nicolahigginsdorset, Owner at The Celtic Kitchen Dorchester Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you we are so pleased that you enjoy our gluten free range of pastys .We also do cakes and our new range of crisps
Regards

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

always buy lunch here when in Dorchester. Lovely Devon/Cornish made Pasties,Sausages rolls nice & warm too.
I always buy a Apple/Blackcurrent Pasty which is Yummy and must try the other types which people say are tasty too.The Sausage rolls are lovely too

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Such a wide variety of pasties to choose from made it had to choose what to have, but the pasties we did have (chicken, chorizo and bacon, and steak and Stilton) were to die for. What was also great was that the prices were reduced because they were no longer hot. Not many places do that. Really, check this place out if you're in Dorchester.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I've been buying pasties from the Celtic Kitchen since they opened and always tell my friends that they are the best pasties to be found. However, since the change in supplier, the pasties have become disappointingly bog standard, the kind of pasty you could buy anywhere. They're flatter and mushier, with none of the fresh tasty flavours or chunky filling that made the old range so good. I've had a couple of the new type now and I'm not going to bother anymore, they're just disappointing.

Date of visit: August 2017