“Fab find”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Dropped in here for a quick lunch stop, excellent food, friendly welcome, definitely worth a try if you’re in Dorchester

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We popped in for a light lunch as The Loft had been recommended to us. It was lovely. I have the curried beetroot potato cake which was simply divine and my husband had the sausage roll which he really enjoyed. The staff we lovely, calm and helpful and we spent a very peaceful hour at the cafe. I was particularly impressed with the product knowledge that all of the staff had.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I have been visiting the Loft regularly for the past 3 years, often meeting with a friend for coffee and lunch. Sally prepares gorgeous vegetarian meals but also prepares some meaty snacks. My friend and I are regulars and visit most weekends and are always greeted with a warm welcome. The food creations by Sally are always healthy and made from fresh and organic ingredients and full of flavour.

We never get bored of the tasty morsels and whilst the premises are small it adds to the family like atmosphere.

One warning though, the stairs to the dining area are small and steep and the Loft is not suitable for wheelchair users. Young mums with pushchairs are able to park the pushchair outside under cover but it is not possible to take them upstairs.

Well behaved dogs are allowed.

Its a lovely place to eat and relax after a bit of shopping in Dorchester.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch with the family, what a fine. Delicious scrambled eggs enjoyed by both me and my daughter, they made a smaller portion for my daughter as she's only 6, it was no trouble at all. Hubby had a bacon and sausage ciabatta which judging by how fast he ate it he enjoyed it. The cup of tea we had was also delicious, the best we'd had out since being in Dorchester.

1  Thank SkippyC82
Sally D, Owner at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you so much for your appreciation - we always try to keep small people happy.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

An oasis in a bustling Dorset town. With everyone trying to get some shade on a blisteringly hot day up pops The Loft Cafe. This small secluded cafe situated in a covered walk off the Dorchester high street was a welcome attraction and not one to be missed. The main selling point of this place is the charisma - personality - friendliness of its ladies behind the counters. Lets not forget the scrummy cakes and wow what a flat white!!!!