“ Wonderful Coffee, Cooking & Staff ”

Potters Cafe Bistro
Ranked #15 of 144 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

It was my first time in Potters Cafe Bistro so wasn’t sure what to expect - I was pleasantly surprised! I shopped for some beautiful olives and had a coffee whilst doing so...couldn’t avoid the heavenly cooking smells...if you weren’t hungry when you go in, you will be once you’re inside. Of course no bistro can be judged on food & drink alone and I wasn’t disappointed. The warm & friendly staff made my overall experience a real treat - I’ll definitely be back to have more of that home cooking next time I’m in town...or I might even make the point of driving to Poundbury for that very purpose

1  Thank boniwell

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Just down the steps from Waitrose, this restaurant serves delicious food - lovely soup - and the service is swift and courteous. As a local, it's my favourite place in Dorch. I often go there with a group of ladies too, our 'lunch club', and everybody likes it.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Great little find whilst visiting Dorchester.
Approached via the garden near Waitrose. Quite busy inside. Seating upstairs as well as the cafe and small garden.
Excellent americano and apple cake with cream. Smiley service as well.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Really enjoyed a lunch time meal in here. Food was top quality and friendly service. Definitely would recommend going here.

mrspotdorchester, Owner at Potters Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you, we are really glad you enjoyed it at Potters, and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I have visited this cafe a number of times when it was previously “The potter inn” and it was great then, nice food, good coffee good service. We went again last Saturday and it’s like a completely different place. We walked in at lunch time, admittedly a busy time for any cafe but we managed to find a seat, annoyingly one that was facing a wall. Anyway, I ordered a jacket potato and cheese and a skinny latte and my husband had jacket potato cheese and beans and an Americano. The food didn’t take all that long to come
Out but when we got the coffee it was tepid. We tried to get the attention of the staff but everyone just seemed too bust, despite two of the waitresses just stood talking with each other. Our food arrived shortly after. My jacket potato and cheese was fairly small and quite undercooked. My husbands potato was absolutely huge and took up most of the plate. This was completely ridiculous and almost like I’d been given a child’s portion or something. Did they take one look at my husband and think “ he clearly needs fattening up!”.

The staff were all very miserable, unfriendly and clearly didn’t want to be there. I asked for tomato ketchup and the waitress just let out a bit sigh. Don’t be a waitress if you don’t like people!

Definitely will not be going again and also wouldn’t recommend this to anyone else. I’d save your money and go to Reloved at the end of south street instead. Far better in every aspect.

2  Thank Emily B
mrspotdorchester, Owner at Potters Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

I am very confused by your review, as firstly Potters cafe has not been called the Potter In for about 20 years, secondly we buy our potatoes in one size, and although they may vary slightly, so there is no way one would be MUCH bigger than another, thirdly our Americanos come straight out of our espresso machine which is set at 119 degrees, as per the manufactures instructions so it certainly wouldn’t be tepid, fourthly we don’t have any tables that face the wall, and finally, my staff aren’t miserable and unfriendly, they are always polite and respectful to every customer that comes in, so please do go elsewhere as clearly we do not need your custom!!!