“Terrible chips”

Add it.
Peter Pan
Ranked #108 of 144 Restaurants in Dorchester
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I now know why all the other Fish and Chip shops in Dorchester had long queues and this one was empty :-(
Just ordered some chips on the way home... Use to be a great takeaway with good service... now its more like a fast food takeaway store...
Chips were small, undercooked and hard in the middle and tasted of "stale fish".
Any what's with the kebab polystyrene takeaway boxes... not environmentally friendly.
Won't be returning and wouldn't recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Little hole in the wall place where you can get take away fish and chips. Very simple menu - fish pretty much only Cod and Haddock. My son was skeptical but we ordered a piece of Cod. I swear it was as good as any piece of fish I've ever had in UK - better than most - and only 3.7 pounds! My son raved after he tried it. If you find yourself in Dorchester, find this place!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 5 November 2016

The worst fish and chips I have ever had. They should be embarrassed to serve and charge for it. The chips had to have been at least an hour old and the fish was flavourless and dripping in grease. They used to be OK but for what ever reason, they are now simply a waste of money. Cost £7 for medium fish and chips and an extra small chips. Better to miss a meal then eat there.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Went here with three friends for a quick meal around 6pm on a Wednesday. Served by a young man who took our order and we waited, and waited. It seemed the fryer was not in the shop but was not told this. When he did arrive we were told they had no haddock. My friends had the scampi while I had the sausage in batter. I must say the meals were freshly cooked. Overall an average fish and chip shop.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

For my partner's birthday we decided to get a takeaway & as Peter Pan is only around the corner from our house we chose to go there. Their website states that they close at 9.30pm on Friday nights yet we went in at 8.45pm to be told all we could have was a small portion of chips? as they were closing & were not cooking anymore. We went elsewhere.

Tonight (01/05/16) we went again this time with 6 others to find that 5 things that we wanted to order (from their menu) were not available. We ordered anyway but the service was terrible and the food was just about edible. We won't be back.

Date of visit: May 2016