“Weekend away”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I was really impressed with my weekend at this hotel. I got a great deal with travelzoo which included sparkling wine,chocolates and dinner.
Our room was large with a sea view and a tiny little balcony. It was very pleasant sitting out with a coffee enjoying the view.
Dinner in the hotel was good ,service was a little slow but friendly. The hotel has a heated outside pool which you can use for a charge and metered parking outside.
I would certainly return to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hklove
Paul C, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear hklove,

Thank you for posting a review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in my opinion the travelzoo offer is a good deal for what you receive.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Paul Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Had a very nice time at this hotel. Good location for walks and the service was excellent. All the staff are happy to help. Lovely terrace weather permitting. On site parking is chargeable per night and payable on arrival.

1  Thank jacinta a

Dear jacinta a,

Thank you for posting a review on Hallmark East Cliff Hotel, I'm pleased that you had a nice time staying with us and you was able to go on nice walks. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

From the moment we arrived the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. They made us feel extremely welcome and we enjoyed our stay greatly. We would definitely recommend the East Cliff and the Carlton Hallmark hotels at Bournemouth. We are already thinking about returning again next year.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear PhillipFrampton,

Thank you for posting a lovely review on Hallmark East Cliff Hotel, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff went out of their way for you as our guests. We hope you return with us next year.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My friend came to visit me for some days and I just wanted to make her try a good English breakfast. I didn,t know where to go. So we went for a walk and as we were passing by East Cliff Hotel I remembered that someone told me about this hotel. We were very hungry and we just decided to go and give it a try. And that was great!!! Very organized and clean buffet. A huge selection of continental and cooked breakfast, everything hot and nice as it has to be.
Very welcoming staff, in special our waiter Pablo, who was checking on us if we were enjoying it and yet, everything was wonderful.
No doubt I would recommend it to anybody.

Good job guys!!

Dear alejandro s,

Thank you for posting a review on Hallmark East Cliff Hotel, I'm pleased that you and your friend decided to try our Hotel for a good English breakfast and you wasn't disappointed in the food or in the service you received from Pablo. We hope you come you visit us again for another English Breakfast or even Lunch.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

On arrival we were greeted by friendly, courteous and helpful staff.
On getting into our room, the lights didn't appear to be working, so I went back down to the Reception Desk and Nathan Mizzen the Hotel Manager insisted on coming up to the room with me to make sure that all was well.
It was Pilot Error on my part. It helps if you put the Room Access Card (that I mistook for the room heating thermostat) in the holder and Voila - we had lights and I had a bright red glowing face.
The room was superb. Spotlessly clean and a lovely size too. Really pleased with it. Over the whole weekend we were looked after by all the staff, like Royalty. We noticed that all the guests we saw and spoke with were receiving the same treatment.
There was a great choice of breakfast fare and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and attentive. Nathan was couldn't have been more helpful as were all the staff.

We were attending a 3 day Convention at the BIC on 4/5/6 August and as soon as we have the dates for the Convention next year we will be booking the Hallmark East Cliff again for a certainty. We can't speak too highly of the whole long weekend stay - Thursday to Sunday. As Arnie said : I'll be back. Most definitely.

Dear stuartward1950,

Thank you for posting a lovely positive review, I'm pleased that my Deputy Nathan was on hand to assist you and that all the staff you came into contact with were pleasant and helpful as this is the sort of feedback we want from our guests.
I hope the conference went well for you and we hope you return with us as a leisure guest rather than on business.