“Best place we have found to eat in Bournemouth”
Review of Levant

Levant
Ranked #222 of 825 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I have been to quite a few Lebanese restaurants in my time but this is one of the best. It is an unpretentious establishment. There is nothing special about the décor. There are no trashy, touristy, artefacts. We were attracted to it by the menu. The service is excellent, friendly, polite and welcoming. I ordered Lebanese lentil soup for a starter. It was the best lentil soup I have eaten, with a touch of cumin and turmeric. My wife had Moussaka Batinjan for a starter, and that too was excellent. For mains I had the Kebab Hendi with rice. It was very tasty and the rice was cooked perfectly. My wife had the mixed Mezze, and was not disappointed. The Chateau Breteches, Lebanese wine was marvellous, the mix of Cinsaut, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache and Carignan grapes was quite unlike most of the wines we find in the UK. It was worth going there just for the wine, price - £24.95. We finished up with Baklava and Lebanese coffee. And the cost of this great meal - £66.65, which we thought was excellent value for money. We returned to Bournemouth two weeks later and we returned again to the Levant Lebanese Restaurant. It is the best place we have found to eat, yet, in Bournemouth.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I'm not a fan of Lebanese food generally. As my wife is from Australia she likes bland food and opted for this place. I ordered the mix grill and the Mrs ordered some stuff I don't like. the mix grill was amazingly good mouth watering in fact and coming from me who isn't a fan it's defo worth the visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My first visit to a Lebanese restaurant. Warm welcome. We ordered an assortment of meze and all was delicious.
Decor and ambience inside the restaurant was not the best..but it was clean and welcoming.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I came with some friends on New Year’s Eve for dinner, ordered some mixed grill with starters and drinks, everything arrived to our table in a short time and the food tasted so amazing and very fresh and especially the owner welcomed us and recommended some nice food for us. The most beautiful thing about the night that there was a belly dancer which gave the restaurant an amazing atmosphere especially the Mediterranean music they played. Highly recommended, we will definitely come back again :)

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews, but I felt it was deserved, we visited Levant Restaurant on Sunday the staff were fantastic and the food was perfect would recommend to anyone who wants to eat authentic Lebanese food.