“Thoroughly enjoyed my visit”

Koh Thai Bournemouth
Ranked #67 of 836 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Koh Thai Tapas offers innovative yet classic Thai cuisine of the highest calibre. The combined vision of three intrepid foodies; Koh really encapsulates the authenticity of Thai cooking with the European ideals of relaxed dinning and the tantalising option to sample a little of everything. Our flagship restaurant in Bournemouth with 150 cover restaurant and 150 cover bar. Perfect for any occasion.
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My adult son and I have just returned from a four day leisure trip away together. We stayed at various Premier Inns up and down the country and on the third night of our trip, a Monday, we spent the night in Bournemouth.
Having researched our accommodation, etc. on TripAdvisor we had a shortlist of restaurants to visit. This restaurant was only a five minute stroll from our hotel and open on a Monday so we decided to eat here.
I called in about 1 hour before we intended to eat to ask if I could book a table. I’m glad I did as the place was really busy. It was obviously a popular venue and had a great atmosphere.
We decided on the set meal at £26 per head and having read previous reviews I was particularly keen to try the Thai Sliced Crispy Beef starter. I asked the waitress if it was possible to include this dish and I was told “No problem”. The starters included chicken satay, beautiful tender ribs and I am pleased to say that the crispy beef dish lived up to my expectations. All the starters were excellent.
The main courses included a hot and spicy duck dish which was my personal favourite, a prawn satay and Massamann lamb. The lamb was my least favourite dish. In all honesty it was probably prepared as it should be but having eaten it after much spicier food it tasted bland and lacking in flavour.
This was a very pleasant dining experience. I enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere and I should have no hesitation in highly recommending the place.

KohCustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Koh Thai Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Hi BobbyJimF,

Thank-you for your 5* review!

We are thrilled to hear that you throughly enjoyed your visit and would recommend us to others!

We hope to see you again in one of our restaurants soon.

The Koh Thai Tapas Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We visited as it was just down the road from our Premier Inn. It has a great atmosphere and it was very busy for a Monday night so obviously very popular. We opted for the set meal at £26 a head and were not disappointed. The starters were excellent as were the main courses although the Lamb Massaman was bland and was probably the least flavoursome I've ever had (although still very edible).

Not the best Thai I've ever eaten but it's up there with one of the better ones and i'd definitely return if i was back in the area.

Hi brakencakes123,

Thank-you for your review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect experience for my nan's 65Th Birthday.
Our waitress Stephanie is a credit to the company! She was enthusiastic, happy to help with anything and genuinely a great server for us through out the night.. Thank-You!
The food, atmosphere, and service was incredible.
There was 10 of us so we fully understood if there was to be a wait as the restaurant was pretty much fully booked, however food was efficient, full of flavours and a great aspect of our evening. Very much enjoyed.

I highly recommend this place to anyone, and most of all my Nan loved her evening at koh Thai Tapas and is planning to return, We all are.

Hi Noemi D,

Thank-you for your 5* review!

We are thrilled to hear you all enjoyed your evening and have passed your lovely comments on to Stephanie and the rest of the Koh Bournemouth team.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We have visited often firstly to the original place in Boscombe and the Bournemouth restaurant as our local, but have also been to the branches in Bath and Winchester so it is fairly safe to call ourselves regulars. We have continued to dine here as the flavours are excellent and the quality had previously never wavered, however my opinion on that has changed. Last night I had tempura prawns that fell out of a mass produced coating with a small, overdone duck breast in tamarind sauce. We had to order an extra bowl of rice when previously we had trouble finishing the first one. My husband's dinner consisted of vegetables and again he noticed a definite reduction in the portion sizes which is just mean. Other diners were also questioning the size and amount of meat in their dishes. Whilst I am pleased that the company is going from strength to strength I don't think expansion should be funded by the regular diner. Stop assuming that it is okay to reduce standards because so much of your trade comes from tourism and remember how good you were when you started out.

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Visited lunchtime with a two course Mel by groupon and was delighted. Had satay chicken and pork balls for starters. The salmon served with a Penang sauce was a lovely main. We were full as portion was just right.they do lovely cocktails and certain time of day it's half price. Service is good

Hi beth62414,

Thank-you for your kind review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent Groupon lunch and we look forward to seeing you again soon!