Heathlands Hotel Bournemouth
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Green House(Bournemouth)
1,089 results
All reviewsbuffet styleexcellent value for moneybit datedsea frontpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner had to move out of home for a few days so picked a cheap hotel close to work. The heathlands appeared to have good reviews on booking.com so we booked for 2 nights and 2 breakfasts. Yes the hotel is incredibly dated but this didn't bother us too much. We parked out the back for £3.00 a day which is great as most parking in Bournemouth is twice that price. Our room was on the third floor. The room was fine size, the bed was bearable - not comfy, not awful! The room was pretty clean but the bath was dirty which is always off putting. The room was like a SAUNA!! we went to the shop to go and buy more water as we were melting as even though we turned the radiator off it apparently doesn't turn off. The windows are child locked so only open a fraction but my partner managed to get the lock off so we could open them fully. Stay away from breakfast. The bacon tasted like the cheapest bacon that had been frozen and chucked on a grill, and I'm not a fussy eater, but even I struggled. The juices on the side look less than appetising with their scum forming around the edges. One thing is the service from the front desk, they are lovely and so helpful. Without them I don't think the hotel would continue.
Overall you get what you pay for. But I've stayed in cheaper hotels that were better.

Ps - look at the telly!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with my partner while visiting Bournemouth for his birthday.

It's not the greatest of hotels in Bournemouth.. But it's not bad I wouldn't want to stay for a week but a one or two night stay is quite adequate. And at £27 A night I thought was a good rate.. I've paid more for less

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was extremely worried about staying at this hotel after reading the over dramatic reviews, but on arrival the hotel was a lot better than expected especially as we only paid £120 for 3 nights room only, it was great value for money. Excellent location for the beach and town, clean room, fresh towels, rooms made up daily and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Evening entertainment every night(if interested). Yes the hotel is a tired and could do with a spruce up but for that price you cant go wrong. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Budget hotel but a budget price too. Spacious room and clean. Not all the lights worked and the shower screen didn’t stay open but it was only £130 for 2 nights B&B. Breakfast was plentiful and tasted fine. There’s also free tea and coffee in the room. It’s only 3 mins walk to the beach and the hotel was quiet enough for a bit of peace and quiet. They accept dogs too, with no fuss. If you’re not expecting the Ritz for Travelodge prices (and I wasn’t) then this hotel is fine. The decor is a little tired but it’s clean, tidy, friendly and perfectly serviceable as a quick weekend away.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Went with National Holidays or a tribute weekend,excellent entertainment over two nights,There were a party of 7 we asked for ground floor as one of our party was disabled unfortunately for us we dropped the short straw room 8,when we got in the room there was no heating , central heating radiators in our room were cold and would not turn on,towel rail also not hot so too cold to shower.an electric radiator was supplied which helped us out,also luke warm water to wash in.Asked if we change room,very apologetic but hotel full due to tribute weekend.our friends rooms were fine but opposite very hot it was explained to us by the manager that new boilers were been fitted and they were experiencing slight troubles (he was a very nice and helpful man) apart from that food and staff brilliant no complaints, the hotel is clean and a 99pence bar 6pm to 9pm set it off great.all in all we had a most enjoyable weekend.Would recommend that tribute weekend to anybody.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends