“GIVE IT ANOTHER YEAR!!”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Staff at this hotel were lovely, Sarah on reception, is a star, so why does this girl have to take all the anger, and frustration about this hotel? We were in room 74, nice room, bathroom nice BUT shower was useless. Our friends were in 83 and were not impressed at all, room very small and bathroom so grotty, shower head is that bad they didn't even turn it on - so could have been working or not, sink plug hole rusty and cracked. WHY are management not doing anything to solve these problems - shut down rooms and refurbish, guests will then be happy and return. on the positive side,the bar lounge, restaurant are very nice and the breakfast was delicious.
So come on Management, get it sorted, and stop putting pressure on your staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank poppycat39
There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I booked in early Jan for a 2 day spa break for me and my girlfriend for valentines day. The day before we were due to go,I recieve a phone call from reception to inform me that the spa is being refurbished over the weekend and would I still like to go. I was taken aback as I had booked a 2 day SPA break and was expected to stay at the SPA hotel with no SPA!!!needless to say,I stated I would cancel and find another hotel with a days notice.i was told that I may have to pay £200 to cancel. I asked to speak to the manager,who was in a meeting. So I was told the manager would phone me back after. About 30 mins later,the receptionist called me,not the manager,to say I would not have to pay the £200. No apology and the manager couldn't even be bothered to phone me. Very poor!

2  Thank kevlar1886
Reviewed 19 February 2012

First impressions when pulling up was fantastic location and quite a nice exterior. I was also impressed with the friendliness of the desk staff. However that is as far as positives for the hotel went because as I was leaving the desk I overheard another guest checking in talking to desk stand about the spa and I found out through this conversation that the spa was closed for refreshment. I felt pretty disappointed considering it was one of the reasons I booked the hotel. Also I made a booking for the hotel 2 months previously so why wasn't I contacted to let me know or indeed why east I told when I checked in.

The disappointments kept coming. The room was tiny and overlooked the hotel pipes. The walls were incredible thin and on the second night the guest next to us had a hacking cough throughout the night.which kept me up - so much for my romantic weekend away. The heating was not working and it was only the morning when I was leaving that I discovered the fan heating. One of the worst part of the hotel was the shower which was just a standard shower no power shower and the water was always lukewarm at best. Also no little extras for what you would expect from a 4 star spa hotel - no shower caps, no bathrobe and no slippers.

The very worst aspect of the trip was the food. We went half board. Breakfast was a standard buffet-continental and English and this was ok but then again how wrong can you go with this. Dinner was terrible. Not a lot of choice probably 7 selection for main. The first night I had chicken satay which looked and tasted like a frozen chicken from iceland with a disgusting jar sauce on top. The rest of the dois was more edible but lacked any seasoning not even basic salt and pepper. Lets satay McDonald would've been an improvement.

Overall clean hotel and Nice staff but not a 4 star hotel and not vale for money.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Book 3 nights at this hotel to celebrate my wife's birthday. It turn out a horrible experience as the hotel rooms were not really clean and very small but the appeling part was the staff who were rude, unhelpful and careless. We come all the way from London to have a nice weekend which turns out a completely disaster. A real shame as Bournemouth city is beautiful and very attractive but our choice of hotel was very wrong this time.

1  Thank scoli
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed at the Hallmark a few weeks back. First comment is how friendly the reception staff were, and indeed every other member of staff that we encountered during our stay.

Our room was fine, thought the bathroom looked a little tired but bed was comfortable and room very clean.

We stayed for 2 days and spent Saturday afternoon in the spa, overall relaxing but thought the ladies changing room needed some work as the shower was mouldy and it felt dated.

Overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple